Search results

1. TOTOtalitarian

From your professional experience, where are most clogs found? a) kitchen sink b) bathroom sink ?

I just removed the P trap from my bathroom sink and found a wall of solid sludge/whiskers/ solid particles that were right at the part where the horizontal pipe meets the T to the breather pipe which drops to the main line to my system....so, if you remove the p trap there is a 4 inch horizontal...
  2. TOTOtalitarian

Hip surgery.Need to SAFELY elevate seat on Elongated Toto Drake 3-4 inches. Help

Just had hip joint surgery, a friend lent me his toilet seat with handles that go to the floor and fits over the existing toilet..... I didn't try it ahead of surgery. The thing is so narrow(front to back) , I really cant fit on the thing, difficult to get my job done and pee at the same time...
  3. TOTOtalitarian

Subfloor question-hexagonal cut-out...how to detect future leak?

1940's house , house remodel had a 3/8 inch plywood over the old subfloor. The plywood around the toilet was recently replaced, but the person cut out a hexagonal "cut out" around the toilet. My question is , if the toilet leaks in the future around the wax ring, the leak will have to fill the...
  4. TOTOtalitarian

Pinhole leak in copper tubing... Cause and Cure -your opinion?

This weekend I replaced several feet of copper tubing (hot water pipe)due to a pinhole leak. After extensive reading , there appears to be major fingerpointing , either at the chloramines in the water or cheap pipe or pH too acidic , etc. I replumbed this house 17 yrs ago and used only higher...
  5. TOTOtalitarian

Replace Gmax valve -have non fix type,can I replace entire assembly with Korky type?

Hi This question was asked in 2009, but no response was made back then.(Ive got a Toto Drake) The issue is a constantly dripping vavle. Ive got the non-repairable type valve. here is the old thread with great pix from Terry...
  6. TOTOtalitarian

Question on dual direction clean-out installation....

Replacing 4 inch main line from cast iron to ABS. The plumber will be installing a clean out outside of the house to clean the sewer line toward the city sewer . From reading in this forum, some of you have installed another outside clean-out installed to clean the sewer line toward the house...
  7. TOTOtalitarian

80 yr old home..advice on rebuild of entire plumbing system... snake main lines?

Gents I have an 80 yr old home in southern calif... built in 1929. All copper lines installed. I had all new drain lines from all sinks and tub, shower replaced with ABS down to the main 4 inch line. Most of the drain lines were pretty clogged. The question is what suggestion do you have...
  8. TOTOtalitarian

How does the dishwasher rinse agent get into the rinse?

Hi All The wife is indicating its time to get a new dishwasher. Dishes don't seem to be as clean as they used to be. I've read all the threads on the topic. BUT, I have noticed that the rinse agent does not seem to ever need refilling, so , I figured it was plugged..... I pulled the complete...
  9. TOTOtalitarian

Stainless S,or Chrome for Basket Strainer/drain for Kitchen ?Too many scratches

I am going to replace my kitchen sink and the basket strainer assembly (that screws into the sink with putty), is verrrry thrashed, you can see the brass right thru the scratches and what little shiny finish is left. I dont know what it was, but the finish is gone. What do you suggest that will...
  10. TOTOtalitarian

Kohler sink, stains easily...poor materials or just dont make them like they used to?

I installed a Kohler double kitchen sink in my kitchen remodel 5 yrs ago. I thought this was a premium product.... It is a cast iron enamel sink The issue is .... it seems to stain very easily. Any coffee , or tea spilled on it seems to stain quite easily and requires extra scrubbing to get it...
  11. TOTOtalitarian

Can Water softeners do this ? Clack or Fleck ?

I am shopping around for either a Clack or Fleck. 1) I believe that there is a potential long term hazard with cast iron pipes rusting due to excess salt left during the last softener cycle. Is there a way to program the softener to flush out the salt liquid left in the pipes so water runs and...
  12. TOTOtalitarian

Lime build up/whats best faucet brand for minimum build up ?

I have a 2yr old kitchen water faucet that has excessive build up of scale from our 250 ppm CaCO3 water hardness in our area. The faucet swivels left and right, and is starting to build up some resistance. I guess I dismantle it an vinegar it all , but I dont want to do this every two years...
  13. TOTOtalitarian

14yr Gas Water Heater-time to replace ?

Just lookin for a little advice. Have a 14yr old Reliance water heater which has no apparent leaks, but the only sound I get is an occaisional "spattering" sound like water being splashed on fire when it heats up and occaisional rattles. Other than that, no problems. I assume what I hear is...
  14. TOTOtalitarian

My findings using Blue Flapper on Drake/Ultramax toilet

I posted previously about wanting to send solids along. ... Essentially, I want more water to flush solids past the "T" sewer line and get it closer to the main sewer line on its way to the street line. As mentioned by the wise TerryLove. The Blue Toto/Korky Flapper from Lowes will provide...
  15. TOTOtalitarian

Toto Drake-my fear -not enough water....

Greetings, I have gone through verrry many toilet threads on this great site. Never thought I would be reading about toilets...have learned alot. My biggest concern about the Drake/Ultimate (same specs) is this.... I just had to snake out the 4" drain line connecting the toilet. A two inch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks