Search results

1. dabiz7

DIY baseboard hot water heat design help for a single room

Location: sw Ohio Sunroom, 22' x 16' Windows: Seven (7) Polaris Thermaweld double hung, double pane, low-e glass, 36" x 52" Doors; One (1) steel full lite, 36 x 80, one (1) double patio steel full lite (72 x 80 Floor: Slab, engineered wood floating floor Walls: 3 sides, normal 2 x 4...
  2. dabiz7

Hot water baseboard questions

Well, bought a house that has a finished, three-season room, about 20x26, two exterior doors, seven windows, western exposure here in sw Ohio...floor will be laminate or wood. The wife says, "Make it usable for winter-time", I know this means it has to make 70F min for her to use the space. I...
  3. dabiz7

converting air compressor 220v motor to 110?

Just moved to a new place...moved my fairly large Sears upright 60 gal air compressor to the new garage and just noticed that there is no 220 in the garage, only 110 outlets. Checked my panel for the house and it is slam full, no extra slots for a 220 breaker and an additional line to the...
  4. dabiz7

well tank recommendations

Thinking about replacing my old well tank. Which seems to be better, bladder type or diaphragm type?
  5. dabiz7

Sealaing material around a dryer duct

Going to move my dryer duct outlet over a few inches, it passes thru the interior wall and thru the brick exterior to a standard dryer vent/flange. Was thinking about sealing up the gap around the 4" metal dryer duct with some kind of uretahne spray foam in a can. I see that Dow makes the Great...
  6. dabiz7

Suggestions as to what this equipment is ???

Wife and I are getting closer to closing on house with this system in the mechanical closet. I did not get a chance to get any info off of the control heads, but was wondering if you experts might be able to decipher what I am looking at here. House was built in mid-90's, good strong well...
  7. dabiz7

Connecting a portable generator to home main panel

Have started looking into the possibility of having a portable generator available to run a few circuits in the house in case of power outage. I understand the need for the manual transfer switch, but I am a little unclear about how it all operates. A few questions: 1) Doesn't the transfer...
  8. dabiz7

Use concrete floor paint on foundation?

I have a brick ranch on a slab foundation with 2 rows of concrete blocks exposed all around the house at the base of the walls. Am trying to decide on an easy, inexpensive way to treat these concrete blocks so it does not look so ugly. I was thinking about concrete floor paint, like they use in...
  9. dabiz7

Bath exhaust fan venting

The geniuses that built my house connected the exhaust fans in both of my bathrooms to the cold air return tubes in my attic space. Is it ok to do that? Does not seem right to me. I would like to install new fans and when I do, would like to create a manifold with 4" duct and connect both...
  10. dabiz7

Routing pressure relief valve line

I am wondering about the best method to route the drain line attached to the temp&press relief valve in my water heater. My current heater is in the middle of the house, in a laundry closet that has no floor drain. house is on a slab. Current water heater has a 3/4 copper tube soldered to the...
  11. dabiz7

odd size drip pans

I have a strange location for my water heater that requires a maximum size drip pan of 21 inches square or 21 inches diameter. That's all I got. Anyone know if there is something that size out there? online? thanks
  12. dabiz7

bending pex around corner in 2x4 wall

OK, I would like to run some pex inside an interior 2x4 stud wall, I need to turn two corners. I wonder, can 1/2" pex be safely snaked around the corner inside the drywall (assuming the holes in the studs are sufficient size) without kinking it? Do I need to use the metal bend supports for 1/2"...
  13. dabiz7

transporting a new water heater

noob question....why does the box on a new water heater say NOT to lay the heater on its side? is it constructed in such a way inside the tank that something could get broken if it was laid over? As long as your careful with it, I can't imagine why it wold hurt to lay it down in the back of...
  14. dabiz7

stainless tiles for backsplash

Was wondering if anyone has any experience, good or bad, with the stainless steel tiles I have been seeing. Have been overhauling the kitchen, was going to go with a custom cut size single piece of stainless for bascksplash behind the cooktop, but when i look at the pictures on the Web, I think...
  15. dabiz7

square, not round, water heater drip pan

Was wondering if anyone has seen a square water heater drip pan, instread of the round ones? Most of the round drip pans I have seen are like 24" in diameter. This does not work for where my old water heater is located. I could get by with a round one, maybe 22" dia. max. Haven't seen one of...
  16. dabiz7

which air finish nailer to buy?

I have never owned or used any of the pneumatic tools for carpentry, just the air tools that you would use on cars... I would like to buy an air powered finish nailer, something to use on base and trim molding, crown molding, small furniture use...is there one nailer that can do all of these...
  17. dabiz7

Newb question...washer outlet box drains

Setup...currently have a washer outlet box with center supply and two drains, one on each side of the center supply. However, builder only hooked up left side drain down to p-trap and into drain/vent stack. The right side drain does not have a pipe hooked up to it. I am putting in a softener...
  18. dabiz7

Disposer flange and sink basket in cast iron sink

Ok, here is a newbie question for you, be gentle ! Am installing a Kohler cast iron sink, replacing an old stainless sink. Currently, I have an In-sink-erator garbage disposal on one side, regular sink basket drain on the other bowl. I want to keep this same arrangement on the new Kohler sink...
  19. dabiz7

8-3 Romex in PVC conduit

Trying to finish my kitchen re-model...I will be running a new run (25') of 8-3 Romex from panel in the garage to hole through wall into kitchen for the oven. The instructions say use 8 ga wire. My local electrical inspector guy told me that exposed wiring in the garage should be in conduit...
  20. dabiz7

halogen recessed lighting calculations

I am wanting to replace some regular ceiling incandescent light fixtures with recessed halogen lighting. Is there a good place or source of info on how to calculate how many halogen light fixtures I can run on the existing light circuit beofre I have to add another circuit?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks