Search results

1. cybervex

R-Value needed

What is an HT-200? All good points...I'll add the 2x4s and get r-19. Thanks for the advice.
  2. cybervex

R-Value needed

Shouldn't there be a code for the amount of r-value needed rather than just pleasing a guy who does not do his job right? This inspector signed the inspection sheet stating the drains passed a water test when he did not have me test them? I had all the equipment on site to either water test or...
  3. cybervex

R-Value needed

At least I am using pex and not copper :)
  4. cybervex

Codes for PEX

Is there a code that specifies the distance that a pex crimp ring has to be from the shoulder of the fitting I am crimping to. The instructions say between 1/8 and 1/4 from the shoulder. Called for a plumbing inspection yesterday morning. The inspector said he would be there at noon. I...
  5. cybervex

R-Value needed

I don't consider it a true exterior wall. It separates the insulated garage from the rest of the house. I have 2 inches between the plumbing and where the inside of the drywall will be. Would it be code to spray foam (r-7 per inch) that one stud space to get r-14 or according to the inspector...
  6. cybervex

R-Value needed

What is the R-Value of insulation needed between plumbing and outside wall if plumbing is running in an exterior wall? This is in Michigan. Thanks in advance.
  7. cybervex

DWV water test

Just to make sure I have this right. I have attached a pic.
  8. cybervex

DWV water test

How do you water test a DWV system? I have completed my DWV system in my new home and would like to test it. If I insert one of those inflatable test plugs through the clean out in my crawl and all opening for sinks, tubs, and toilets then fill it with water. How do I drain it when...
  9. cybervex

Plumbing inspector problem in NJ

The economy is bad they need the extra coin!
  10. cybervex

Proper Crawl Space Ventilation

Why not look into a sealed crawlspace? Plastic coat the floor, spray foam the walls and rim boards, and seal up the vents. Once sealed you will need to open a vent to let in a bit of conditioned air. Treat it like a mini basement rather than a extremely inefficient crawlspace. Its nice to...
  11. cybervex

Main Water Supply Line

The 6GPM is terrible. We at the end of the line in the city. Last year when I hooked up the pressure tester we only had 35 PSI, the city has been slowly turning up the pressure over the last year, now we have 45PSI but the flow is not good. I think the city needs to upgrade our lines. I won't...
  12. cybervex

Main Water Supply Line

Here's the thing. I do NOT have a meter yet. I have the old 3/4 line from the old house. This was a fire damaged house that we ripped down and rebuilt. The only thing left from the old house is one peice of the foundation and the water and sewer. When we bought the house the water meter had...
  13. cybervex

Main Water Supply Line

Approx 50' from turn-off to main accross the street. I am not sure what size it is from the main to turn-off a neighbor was telling me it is 1 1/4" I am assuming that there is a 1" meter as if my permit was for a new build house I would HAVE to put in 1" according to the water department...
  14. cybervex

Main Water Supply Line

Won't going up to 1" supply more GPM. I own another house on the same block and tested the pressure/flow rate with a tester and it showed 45PSI/6GPM, this house has 3/4". Would the 1" supply not give me the added flow? It would be easier to replace it now before I install the water meter...
  15. cybervex

Main Water Supply Line

On my house rebuild project I am thinking of changing the main water line from the house to the outside turn-off in the front yard. It currently has 3/4" and I would like 1" How does this normally work? Do I dig it up to the turn-ff and replace it myself or do I run it to the turn-ff and the...
  16. cybervex

My Pex install

I did buy the isolation valves so that I will be able to clean it as needed.
  17. cybervex

My Pex install

Thanks for the compliments so far! Not to bad for an IT Systems Administrator, if I do say so myself.
  18. cybervex

My Pex install

Do I need water treatment for city water? I am going to put a filter in the kitchen for the water/icemaker and maybe something at the sink. In my current home, which happens to be on the same block, we have no water treatment.
  19. cybervex

My Pex install

Yes. It is a Takagi TK-3. I will post more pics as I finish the install. Its hard to get pics of the full utility closet as it is in a hallway.
  20. cybervex

My Pex install

How is this for a nice clean PEX install? Not quite complete, but getting there. The home build is taking forever as I am the the homeowner, builder, and all the tradesmen.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks