Search results

1. Russ75

New toilet - flush leaves streaks, any suggestions

I bought an EcoDrake and had the same problem with streaks. I then got a DrakeII with sanigloss and whirling flush (can't think of the name) but it is no improvement at all. Both almost always require a brush or second flush. Very disappointing, but I guess the daily brushing keeps the toilet...
  2. Russ75

Poor bowl rinse in new Toto EcoDrake

Thanks for all the helpful feedback. I think just to cover all the bases I will go with the Drake II (elongated, ADA and Sanigloss) for the main toilet.
  3. Russ75

By residue, I meant a smear of solids stuck to the lower part of the bowl, well below the waterline. The flush is complete and very strong, leaving nothing in the water or above the waterline. How would I go about metering the volume of the flush?
  4. Russ75

I just got a Toto EcoDrake and it always leaves residue on the bowl, even after two flushes or holding the handle down for a long flush. Fortunately this is in a guest bath and will get little use. I need to buy another toilet for my main bath, so I am wondering if I would get a better rinse...
  5. Russ75

Bio-Clean, Bacteria Waste Eliminator, Bioclean

Could someone tell me what the dosage directions are for BioClean? Trying to get an idea how long 2 lb. would last.
  6. Russ75

Toilets and sinks erupted!

I have a commercial building with 7 toilets and 7 sinks (no showers or other connections) on a single sewer line, which runs under the cement slab building to the street. The furthest sink is about 150 feet from the middle of the street, where I presume my line connects to the main sewer...
  7. Russ75

Cutting tile on backsplash

I am replacing my over the range microwave. I want to mount it directly against the wall, but I will need to remove about 8 inches of the top of the existing tile backsplash in order to get it back against the wall. The backsplash is 6" tiles in mortar. The cut would be across the center of...
  8. Russ75

Hum and Delay in garbage disposal

I called and got the same answer, so that's good news. I'm glad to know it's normal operation. They also said that if it senses it is jammed, it will increase the power to overcome the jam.
  9. Russ75

Thanks Mikey, I will also give them a call tomorrow and let you know what response I get.
  10. Russ75

It's an Insinkerator Evolution Excel. I tried the wrench and it rotates smoothly and evenly. The problem started before I put any food through it, so it's not related to anything stuck in the machine. Installing the Evolution in the Seattle area. The PRO Insinkerators we sell and install...
  11. Russ75

OK, thanks..... I tried letting it run for a few minutes, and no change. It still has a slight (fraction of a second) delay during which a faint humm is heard before it starts. Everything else is normal. Maybe I should re-do my connections on the power cord? Any other suggestions? Thanks.
  12. Russ75

I just replaced my 3/4 hp. garbage disposal with a 1hp. When the switch is turned on there is a fraction of a second delay during which the disposal has a low hum before it starts to rotate. It is on a 20 amp dedicated circuit. I have replaced the switch but that didn't solve the problem...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks