Search results

1. Rfsmith48

Appliance repair: Whirlpool Fridge

Hey, I am looking for an internet resource for appliance repair. Google wasn't much help. This website has always been a source for useful knowledge! Any help is appreciated. Thx, Rog Smith
  2. Rfsmith48

Kneepad recommendations......

Hey, I need a recommendation for kneepads. The ones I have now are sloppy/stretched out, and the Velcro is tired. I am 6 foot, about 220 pounds. Thanks for the help! Rog
  3. Rfsmith48

Honeywell thermostat function/comparison charts.....

Folks, We just had a new Lennox furnace installed. It has a 2 speed fan. The fan necessitated a thermostat upgrade for the new fan system. Previous Tstat: RTH8580WF1007: WIFI thermostat that I installed about 6 years ago. New Tstat: T6 Pro Thermostat: Programmable. I would like to replace the...
  4. Rfsmith48

Heat pump HVAC in Colorado?

Folks: I have a 50 year old house in Boulder CO. With a 50 year old gas furnace.... Heating degree days here are about 5600. The local utility has been promoting heatpump HVAC systems for homes. With rebate incentives. BUT....None of the local contractors I have talked with want to quote...
  5. Rfsmith48

Burnt residue under pilot light

Folks, We have a 50 year old Lennox furnace that seems to be working fine. About a week ago, I checked and changed the hammock style air filter. I noticed some charred residue under the pilot light area. I don't remember seeing this condition before. I vacummed out the residue and closed up the...
  6. Rfsmith48

Limited flow on First zone of Irrigation system

Hey, I have a Rainbird system that is about 15 years old. No big problems until this year. The First zone which is mostly pop up heads is not flowing well. It worked fine last year. It behaves like there is a (new) flow restriction somewhere in the zone. Has anyone else seen this sort of...
  7. Rfsmith48

Cabinet, furniture refinish

Hey, I am looking for forum suggestions/recommendations for cabinet and furniture refinishing. I suspect that there are (Non Terry Love) forums that are useful for this type of advice. All help is appreciated. Thx, Rog
  8. Rfsmith48

Ronbow sink: VERY slow overflow drain.....

Folks, We installed a Ronbow vanity and sink about 5 years ago. Yesterday, we left the water running with the drain closed. The overflow runs at about half the faucet flow. Small flood. The faucets and drains are Kohler. (Not sure the model) I cleaned up the mess and am trying to figure out...
  9. Rfsmith48

Computer controlled HVAC vents.....

Hey, I saw a show on "This Old House" (I think) several years ago that demonstrated HVAC vents that were individually controlled via several room controllers working thru the home Wifi. (I couldn't find a web reference to the show.) We have a '70s Bilevel house, and the lower level is COLD...
  10. Rfsmith48

Disconnecting the hose at the sprinkler head barbed fitting.....

Hey, I need to tap into an existing circuit to feed water to a small flower garden. The plan is to install a T below an existing head. To do that I need to remove the existing 90 degree fitting and replace it with a T. I would like to avoid shortening the Head hose, or digging it up entirely...
  11. Rfsmith48

Furnace blower bearing isolaters....

Hey guys, I got another interesting problem. (At least to me.) 45 year old Lennox furnace, model G10-165-1. Furnace and blower run fine, but the blower makes a lot of noise when running. I got it apart this AM. There are 2 sets of rubber isolaters: Small rubber pads at the pivot point for...
  12. Rfsmith48

External stairwell drain clogged.....

Hey, We have a stairwell off the uphill side of the house. Bottom of the stairwell is about 4 feet below grade. It has a small iron grate and a 2" steel pipe running about 10 feet into the yard. It has clogged once or twice in the past 20 years. I was able to clean it out by running a hose at...
  13. Rfsmith48

HVAC airflow design issues and measurement

Folks, Not sure if this is the best venue for these questions, and I am looking for website references as well. I have an older furnace with a new AC grafted on top. I need to understand what the ideal air flow speeds are across the Coil, and the upstream/downstream flow restriction...
  14. Rfsmith48

New Bathtub too deep for easy exit.....

Hey folks, I am having a Homer Simpson moment..... We recently installed a new Kohler tub. We did not do enuf test driving in the local showrooms, cause if we had, we would not have ordered a tub this deep. (20"). There are (at least) two solutions: 1. Some kind of filler to raise the...
  15. Rfsmith48

Honeywell RTH8500 T-stat

Folks, Just installed this thermostat. We like it. The wireless interconnect is nice. Is there an Internet users group for this device? (Or similar devices?) The Tstat has a "Heating Cycle Rate" setting for a variety of furnaces. The Tstat owners manual does not explain the operating...
  16. Rfsmith48

Radon testing

Can't find a Consumers reports test/rating for radon testing. Are any of the DIY tests effective? Has any organization rated the DIY tests for ease of use and effectiveness? TIA, Rog
  17. Rfsmith48

Pieces/parts for Utility room combustion air vents

Hi, We are about to replace a 40 year old gas furnace with new furnace and AC units. Because the house as been sealed up and insulated well over the past 10 years, we will need to add combustion air vents, high and low, to the utility room. Can someone direct me to vendor of wall...
  18. Rfsmith48

5 zone system: one zone has low pressure/spray..

Guys, Seems like I have a bad valve on this one zone. Hate to jump to conclusions: What else can cause this problem? TIA, Rog Smith
  19. Rfsmith48

Running a gas line for gas range....

Hi, Not a perfect fit for the water heater forum, but pretty close... We are running a gas line from lower level utility room to a gas range the in the Kitchen. Run is about 6 feet and goes thru the floor. 1/2" line should be adequate. Questions: 1. Do I need a building permit for...
  20. Rfsmith48

Bathroom remodel: Project management software

Folks, Thanks to all for the great advice in the past. I am looking for a shareware, or inexpensive software program to manage a bathroom project. Minimum features: Need BOM, cost tracker, Project plan and sequence, Contract service requirements and timing, etc. Any recommendations...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks