Search results

1. hitmehhh

Sealing new faucet

What about where the hole is around the chrome sleeve. Is the putty alright or should I caulk around the sleeve ? As I said the plumber put putty around the sleeve and slid the escutcheon on
  2. hitmehhh

Sealing new faucet

Plumber put this new faucet in and had plumbers putty behind escutcheon plate to cover hole through surround and wall. I looked behind it today just to check it , putty seemed to have a couple of voids int it. Am I better off just caulking these holes?
  3. hitmehhh

transite flues

transite flue Yes, I know what it is made of . This actually happened a few years back. I actually got it back up in place and secured it the way I knew it would hold. I couldn't see any strapping on the pipe that I could actually see that isn't running through wallspace. I just wanted to know...
  4. hitmehhh

transite flues

transite flue I actually had my flue break loose and come down in the basement .I was wondering what type of fastner was holding it up.
  5. hitmehhh

transite flues

How are transite flues attached on the way up to the roof ?
  6. hitmehhh

insulating flue

If I wanted to insulate a transite flue ,what type of insulation would I use?
  7. hitmehhh

condensation

I don't have a chimney My house was built in the 50's and has a 7" transite stack.Common vent with hot water heater. So you think the lack of cycling at night could be causing this? Last night, I only turned it down a few degrees , and it was 15 degrees out. This morning, No condensation
  8. hitmehhh

condensation

I recently had an 80% effic. furnace istalled. I now have condensation periodically dripping from flue at a joint at the botttom. Installer says flue should accomidate new furnace. The only thing I am wondering is. I turn the thermostat down to 60 degrees at night. Then when the furnace is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks