Search results

1. Jar546

Ducane vent termination

Ducane 90% with the combustion air taken from inside and not piped from the exterior. Does the manufacturer's installation instructions prohibit this installation?
  2. Jar546

Keep Buying DIY Books

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 8, 2010 Release # 10-104 Firm's Recall Hotline: (866) 696-7602 CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772 CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908 Home Improvement Books Recalled by Oxmoor House Due to Faulty Wiring Instructions; Shock or Fire Hazard to Consumers WASHINGTON...
  3. Jar546

More DIY electrical installations

It works so whats the problem? And where do we get the power from for this?
  4. Jar546

Proud DIY A day in pictures

First I see that Johnny Homeowner decided to move their electrical panel to the 1st floor from the basement: Next we see where the original panel once was: Then comes the sub panel which was also wired wrong: And of course, the main panel was also full of violation:
  5. Jar546

Anyone see any problems with this install

Sink for a slab construction. Look further. Who does work like this?
  6. Jar546

Keeping gas shut off from freezing

Just install it inside the baseboard heater and pop the cover off to use it. Gotta love it. "Honey, look what a good job I did installing this ventless propane heater in our kitchen"
  7. Jar546

Blocked sewer gone bad

Here is a good one: Homeowner has a backed up sewer line. Plumber comes out and cannot unblock it with a snake. City goes out to dig up their area and finds a Fernco that was put on and buried with no clamps. The weight of the soil pushed the Fernco through the gap and into the pipe...
  8. Jar546

Another pro photo

No this is not a vent. It is what you think it is leaving the building foundation and on its way to the sewer system.
  9. Jar546

Inspection find of the week

Nicely Done. NOT
  10. Jar546

Pressure testing DWV

OK, professional plumbers. How you you pressure test your PVC or ABS DWV systems when required for inspection? I think we can get a good conversation out of this subject.
  11. Jar546

Electrician starter kit with toolbelt

Christmas is right around the corner for those who want to improve electrical skills.
  12. Jar546

More DIY

More DIY below
  13. Jar546

DIY Electrical

The last 3 code inspections that I did for DIY projects all failed. These are the ones that at least got a permit. Many times you can get something to work but it does not mean that it is right or safe. Even the pros get it wrong. Please watch both.
  14. Jar546

Take a break and laugh

I found this to be very funny and needed a break. Enjoy the 30 seconds: http://channelbee.com/move/gags#444
  15. Jar546

Tapping into a natural gas black pipe line

You gotta love some homeowners: Low pressure water line to run a gas appliance by feeding natural gas to a propane unit. Love how they run the low pressure plastic line near the base of the hot water heater burn chamber.
  16. Jar546

Using waste vent as conduit

Wonders never cease
  17. Jar546

Barometric Nylon Damper

Can I get an explanation from one of the HVAC experts on this one?;)
  18. Jar546

Terminating vent in attic

Must be OK. One year after constructed.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks