Search results

1. Dunbar Plumbing

66 to 50 Gallon Electric Water Heater Problem

This is a very 'involved' situation so I'll describe it the best way I can. Customer called, having issues with a 10 year old water heater with new elements, new upper/lower thermostats, heater still isn't heating water. I explain like I would all 10 year heaters and state that a "new" water...
  2. Dunbar Plumbing

The Dangers of Ibruprofen and NSAIDS

The Dangers of Ibuprofen and NSAIDS I would like to post a public service announcement as both a forum member, plumber, professional and someone that needs to spread this message, using my reach across the internet to educate others about the situation. In recent months, I've been self...
  3. Dunbar Plumbing

America gets the most Radiation in the World

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100614/ap_on_he_me/us_med_overtreated_radiation My mother who was subjected to countless radiation exposures for the constant searches of the MRI was the 'burning' her last couple years she experienced, but could not explain in her body, free of certain...
  4. Dunbar Plumbing

I'm scared: Should I even Tempt a Job like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKkdcL1jei0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKkdcL1jei0 RUN FORREST! RUN!!!!
  5. Dunbar Plumbing

Do you blame the guy?

The fellow from Texas. Burned his house down and then took his plane and flew it into the building that had IRS workers in. I would say his intention was to kill many, not just one. His actions however will be a wake up call to the government, but not in the way "he" wanted it. Nothing will...
  6. Dunbar Plumbing

Happy Thanksgiving

Enjoy some humble pie Thanksgiving This is a good place to state what you're thankful for. I'll start off; I'm thankful for how far I've made it through time, and that I'm not guaranteed one minute, one second of life. I hope the less fortunate that struggle through these...
  7. Dunbar Plumbing

The Social Media Revolution is here

Right Here. Discuss...
  8. Dunbar Plumbing

American Standard Cadet 3

Here's an unlikely "shock" for those of you who have just bought this toilet: The flapper inside that tank is 1 piece, you CANNOT remove the rubber disk part from the hard shell of the flapper. There is a ridged edge that you will not get back inside that groove properly that will keep...
  9. Dunbar Plumbing

Never Throw a Water Heater Box away ~ Kids Love Them

I've been replacing quite a few water heaters lately and I never pass up the opportunity to ask the parents if they want me to cut the box so it allows the kids to have fun with it. You can go out and spend $100's of dollars on toys these days but give a kid a huge cardboard box and now you've...
  10. Dunbar Plumbing

Handicap Ramps for Dogs

I've come to realize that I cannot be in denial, my dog is slowly becoming handicapped. Every morning he jumps from bed, down to run across and jump to the lazyboy which is on each side of my desk where I use the computer. Well, over the past couple months, his number of attempts and his...
  11. Dunbar Plumbing

AWFUL SMELL IN THE BACK YARD and it is a tree

My dad seems to think it is a Hazelnut, I think it's some type of japanese something. When it goes into bloom, the smell is so atrocious that that you would think there was a chemical spill. It's horrible. I couldn't open my door to my office today without smelling it. Talk about...
  12. Dunbar Plumbing

I augered a cat out of a drain line

~WARNING~ Not recommended for those who.... I had a smile on my face when I threw on the 4" C-cutters :D
  13. Dunbar Plumbing

For those who Patch, Before Repair, Replace, or Correct the Problem in Your Home

The reason for me posting this thread is multi-faceted and I'm going to give a few 'recent' experiences. There are plenty on the internet of proof that this happens very often. This is a pointed statement more towards men in general, those of you who take care of your home and maintain it...
  14. Dunbar Plumbing

Google Wave

http://wave.google.com/ Pretty freaking awesome in my opinion. That's going to change the internet and communication really fast.
  15. Dunbar Plumbing

Bradford-White Not Honoring Warranties with Water Softeners in use

Yes. That is what I was told today from another plumber. Bradford-White is denying any warranty entitlements if you install one of their heaters with a water softener in the structure. If this is not true, and only affect a specific region, please make the adjustments on this thread...
  16. Dunbar Plumbing

I believe Rheem is losing their Reputation in Quality

And I'll tell you why: We're speaking specifically about these GE water heaters sold at Home Depot. The electric ones? If they weren't awkward to carry, you'd see how little weight these tanks have. What does that mean? Very thin rolled steel for the tanks. Every now and then I'll get...
  17. Dunbar Plumbing

I shouldn't even have to put this up as a thread

But here it goes. I've always been told that on tile floors, you must have 1" solid wood underneath it, and doing a 1/2" osb floor with 3/8" or 1/2" durarock or schleuter sp? board is not a qualification. I have a toilet job I'm doing tuesday and I was going to make sure there's 1" of...
  18. Dunbar Plumbing

Horrible Private Water System Scenarios

This short story will soon get some serious mileage across the net, but I'm sure there are those who have heard of far worse. Customers I work for, they are from England. They bought a house 3.5 years ago in my area, had Culligan come out to check inspect a Culligan brand RO system along...
  19. Dunbar Plumbing

Made a Friend at Work Today

This dog who showed up right around the time I started on replacing this water heater today? The dog is homeless, but hangs out in the neighborhood. He does have a place to stay warm at nights, but not at the house I was working at. Somebody brought this dog to the neighborhood and left it...
  20. Dunbar Plumbing

Toilet Seat Bidets

I don't know how many people here on this forum don't use a toilet seat bidet, but the fact is? You're dirty if you don't. There is absolutely no possible way that toilet paper can clean the crevices in the ripples of your rectum. It can't happen unless you wipe 10 times and then follow up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks