Search results

1. MJ32V

Outdoor spa wiring questions

Hmmm... I see that interpretations may vary on this. Here's 680.10: 680.10 Underground Wiring Location. Underground wiring shall not be permitted under the pool or within the area extending 1.5m (5 ft) horizontally from the inside wall of pool unless this wiring is necessary to supply pool...
  2. MJ32V

I was told that there is an exception in 680.10 that allows buried conduit underneath spa as long as that conduit supplies power to spa. Can someone confirm for me? With respect to GFI duplex, does the 10' min / 20' max distance requirement also specify duplex be line of sight from tub?
  3. MJ32V

Is it a problem (code or otherwise) to locate outdoor hot tub over a 7' run of buried rigid sched 40 PVC conduit? Conduit is buried in 20" of item #4 with unilock paver on top side. Tub is 450 gallon. Another question... what are min/max distance requirements - from the tub to outlet - for...
  4. MJ32V

Power disconnect panel for spa...

Great. Thanks.... MJ
  5. MJ32V

NEC min height req'mts for spa power disconnect? jadnashua - There's never more than 3' of snow in the area the disconnect is located. Let's say that I placed panel 4' off ground, then later find out that code has a 5' minimum height, then I have to re-work things (arghh!). So to avoid...
  6. MJ32V

6' 7" max... ok. What's the minimum height above ground? While we're on the subject, what's the recommended height? Thanks, MJ
  7. MJ32V

NEC min height req'mts for spa power disconnect? Hi All, What's the height requirement for a power disconnect panel for a spa? Outdoor location 50' from side of residential 1 family home. Disconnect will be mounted on 4x4 press. treated post just shy of 10' from closest point of spa. 220V /...
  8. MJ32V

Conduit recommendation for spa

That should do it (for now). Thanks guys! MJ
  9. MJ32V

Conduit recommendation for spa

Hello all. For rigid non-metalic conduit, what is the conduit size recommendation to run the following 7 conductors in the same conduit? - 6 AWG: 3 conductors, 8 AWG: 1 conductor, 12 AWG: 3 conductors. All conductors are THWN. Approximately 90' to 100' run total. Larger conductors to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks