Search results

1. Paperprofit

Tub spout removal?

HJ, I did just that. And, yes, I think it's threaded because you can see a hex copper (or brass) fitting in the photo (above) very near the outlet of the spout (near the diverter assembly). I had one of my sons turn the spout while I watched from the hallway (from the same location as the photo...
  2. Paperprofit

Tub spout removal?

Hadn't thought of that! Thanks, Jimbo.
  3. Paperprofit

Tub spout removal?

Hi Terry, It looks like it threaded to me. Do you see the hex fitting in the photo taken from inside the wall below? The spout turns (strangely, both clockwise or counter-clockwise), however, it won't come off (or unthread if it is indeed threaded as I think it is).
  4. Paperprofit

Tub spout removal?

Terry, No luck. There is no set screw. I'm quite certain. I checked throughly. Should I just yank hard?n Thanks!
  5. Paperprofit

Tub spout removal?

Thanks again, guys! I found 'Moen' stamped on the valve escutcheon and I was able to force it the spout to turn with a strap wrench (since I saw no set screw). BUT, the spout STILL won't come off. (I'm turning it counter-clockwise as I stand inside the tub). Did I miss a set screw somewhere...
  6. Paperprofit

Tub spout removal?

Need to remove my tub spout (for new surround). Tried turning it counterclockwise to unthread it but it didn't budge. Do I need to use a strap wrench, perhaps, or could there be a locking screw hidden that needs to be loosened first? Faucet assembly is Delta or Moen. Thanks, guys!
  7. Paperprofit

Yikes... new floor is 2" above the closet flange

Rugged, LeeJosepho and HJ, (Rugged, I kinda fibbed. I haven't installed the new subfloor yet. I agree with you. I want to fix the flange before the new floor goes down.) So, to all three of you, do you agree that I should cut off the existing flange? It seems you must. (I'll do my best to...
  8. Paperprofit

Yikes... new floor is 2" above the closet flange

You guys have given me such good advice, I'm back for more. Hopefully you haven't been asked this a million times before. I raised my existing floor (concrete slab) 2" higher to insulate it, using 2"x4" sleepers and plywood. Problem is, the closet flange of my powderoom toilet is now 2"...
  9. Paperprofit

leaking ABS closet flange joint

Thanks for the very helpful input, guys. You should be able to access the photos here (I apologize for the snag): http://www.flickr.com/photos/7539296@N06/ Since I can access the entire drain assembly from the kitchen soffit, maybe it would be easier to replace everything from the...
  10. Paperprofit

leaking ABS closet flange joint

I cut holes in my kitchen soffit :( to determine the source of a very minimal water leak and discovered the joint of the ABS closet flange and the 3" diam. Schedule 40 waste pipe is leaking. (You can see a photo here ...which shows the mineral build up at that joint, visually confirming...
  11. Paperprofit

leaking joint @waste pipe & closet flange

I have a toilet closet flange that is leaking at the first joint where it's cemented to the waste pipe. I'm pretty sure of this because I examined it from below and it looks like the leak is definitely originating from the joint, not above it (for example, at the wax ring). The closet flange...
  12. Paperprofit

Loose bolt in closet flange (ABS)

Thanks, guys. I'll give it a shot. BTW, the existing bolts are true carriage bolts with a round (domed, unslotted) head, about a 1/2" long square shank and then the threaded shank. Only one of them turns freely in the flange, the other one doesn't.
  13. Paperprofit

Clayton, Thank you! Seems like an easy fix. But if I use a second set of nuts to "lock" the bolt to the flange, is it possible that they will stick up too high? Won't the toilet rest on the nuts rather than the flange? I assume that wouldn't be acceptable (unless I shim up the entire...
  14. Paperprofit

What's the easiest way to fix a closet-flange bolt that turns? If I install the toilet and try to tighten the two nuts that secure it to the closet flange, I can't because the bolt turns when I turn the nuts. The closet flange (and drain pipe) are black plastic (ABS?). Is there a repair kit I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks