Search results

1. Intrepid

Ain't no sunshine till it's gone

K, Better Artie?
  2. Intrepid

Ain't no sunshine till it's gone

After searching the forum posts, I realize the toilet is clogged. And a snake is the only solution. Question - how do you get the snake into the toilet drain? Thanks!
  3. Intrepid

Toto toilet recall 2007 or Burning Ring of Fire

Where are the plain vanilla toilet clogs located? Where do you start checking when the toilet overflows? After the wwater is turned off, that is :)
  4. Intrepid

Toto toilet recall 2007 or Burning Ring of Fire

The toilet that Toto recalled was their high tech number, complete "with bidets that have blow-drying, air purification and seat-warming functions". Apparently some of the hot seats started to smoke, and three actually caught fire. No one was injured, but what a way to go. Imagine...
  5. Intrepid

Installing New Water and Drain Line

Thanks everyone for the stellar advice. hmmm, now where did I leave those backhoe keys...
  6. Intrepid

Here's a copy of municipal codes, but it doesn't appear to be quite as thorough as determining K, L or M. http://www.municode.com/resources/onlinelibrary.asp
  7. Intrepid

So, type 'k' is out of the question?
  8. Intrepid

2 baths. LEDGE. That's what I'm missing. I knew it couldn't be as easy as dropping two lines in the same trench :)
  9. Intrepid

The water supply is city / county water.:confused: COPPER WATER TUBE PRICE PER FOOT NOMINAL TYPE K TYPE K TYPE L TYPE M SIZE OXY/MED INCHES COILS LGTHS LGTHS COILS LGTHS LGTHS 1/4 2.34 2.28 2.49 1.95 1.89 3/8 4.20 3.93...
  10. Intrepid

It's finally time to install a new sewer line and thought while I have the pit, may as well run a new water line in as well. Any comments about size and/or type of copper coil will be appreciated. Right now I'm thinking Camlee K 3/4 nsf 61. Is that too pricey? Thanks...
  11. Intrepid

Hot Water Tank Woes

Just so we know what we're all talking about (since I don't) I've included a couple files to assist me, the DIY'er.
  12. Intrepid

Hot Water Tank Woes

gee, Cass, which one do you think I should check first?
  13. Intrepid

Hot Water Tank Woes

I am getting ready to try some of the diagnostics I've read elsewhere here in this forum today to figure out why the tpr valve is releasing water. Question - since the pressure regulator valve has an expansion tank, why would the tpr overflow? No, I don't trip the T/P valve manually every...
  14. Intrepid

Overflowing Washer Drain - Help!

"then the problem is a partial stoppage somewhere past the furthest point that the PVC goes. It may be right at the transition point." I didn't snake the pvc. I cleaned the pvc last weekend. I dropped the pvc line and snaked the galvanized/cast iron line. I dropped food coloring in the...
  15. Intrepid

I think the pipes are galvanized. I dropped the 'galvanized' pipe at the pvc connection and snaked it about 25'. NO LUCK! Washer still backs up. My main drain is clean as a whistle now though. About that apprenticeship program - my plumber calls me 'Josephine' and hardly ever charges me...
  16. Intrepid

Overflowing Washer Drain

YUK! Get a clean out PRONTO! You don't crap flowing back into your HOUSE!!:eek:
  17. Intrepid

Any thoughts on the steps to replace the galvanized pipe? Thanks!
  18. Intrepid

Overflowing Washer Drain

Ruminating. Considering. Letting clothes pile up. Mostly I'm wondering how I'm going to haul a 25' piece of pvc onto my crawlspace :) :rolleyes:
  19. Intrepid

Overflowing Washer Drain

Depending where you live, often the Water Department will come and make sure it's not their line causing the problem. Worth a call for them to check before you try to fix the unfixable. Are your neighbors having the same problem? -i
  20. Intrepid

In the second (middle) photo, the washer line is the one that connects to galvanized pipe (the one on bottom. Is there a tutorial on replacing galvanized with pvc somewhere? Including all the tools and tips needed?? :)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks