Search results

1. delta_v

Residential trap primer question

Thanks hj, Looks like a number of faucets are available with this option; do I need to add a trap primer device in line or simply attach the copper line to the port on the faucet? Still wondering about my 1st question- should the line be sloped to the drain or can it drop lower to be in the...
  2. delta_v

Residential trap primer question

Hi folks, Two trap seal primer questions; My inspector wants a trap seal primer- I've purchased a floor drain with a 1/2" threaded inlet for the copper line to attach to. My question is this; as the inlet for the supply line is just below the flange of the floor drain, should the copper line...
  3. delta_v

Sump and Sewage pump supply question

Thanks for your reply, Upstairs will definitely be gravity- no point paying to pump everything if I don't have to! There will be a battery backup and as I am redoing all electrical, we're putting in a generator transfer switch so we can charge and also run our boiler in the winter.
  4. delta_v

Sump and Sewage pump supply question

Hi all, Doing major reno of my new (old) house including underpinning and waterproofing the basement. Unfortunately, we'll need a sewage ejector as the new basemnt level is lower than the old sewer. We have significant water issues so I definitly wan the best sump system I can get. I'd like...
  5. delta_v

2-3 month dle water heater; To drain or not to drain??

Great! Thanks for the advice!
  6. delta_v

2-3 month dle water heater; To drain or not to drain??

Hi folks, My tenant had an unfortunate accident and fractured his pelvis; he won't be back in his apartment until June. Should I drain the water heater? It's a 40 gal electric which we will have the power turned off to regardless to save him money. Thanks!
  7. delta_v

Remodeling a bathroom that was poorly done; venting question

Great! That makes life simpler. As for the size of the vent, what would I need for a 2" shower, sink and WC?
  8. delta_v

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my initial post. The vent would be going all the way above the roofline on the outside of the house if that's the way we go. It would be boxed in when the siding is redone in the next year or two. I'm thinking we may be able to use an air admittance valve in the...
  9. delta_v

Hi all, Helping out a friend of mine with his basement bathroom. The house is almost 100 years old and at some point, probably in the 80's, the previous owner had the whole house jacked up about three feet to elevate the basement and poured a new slab. They also put in a bathroom in the...
  10. delta_v

Basement shower drain to toilet?? Some advice please before I JACKHAMMER!

Victory! Everything fit together and it works! Have a nice slope on the shower drain, plenty of room for the kerdi drain on top. I was able to tie in the copper vent with my 3x2 double wye without too much difficulty. I ended up having to drive to vaughan for the double wye as Nuroc was out of...
  11. delta_v

Knee room is more important than elbow room in this case; The rads get awful hot when they're on full blast. It's such a small bathroom, though (5x7). I'll have to try and figure out the right balance. Unfortunatly, I won't be able to tie in to an existing vent without going through the ceiling...
  12. delta_v

The double wye would be vertical; in between the closet flange and the 90 deg. elbow. I was thinking of adding an AAV after the shower P trap as the shower will have a closet beside it; an inside closet wall can accommodate an access panel without it being visible, unless you think this is...
  13. delta_v

Ok. Here I go again. Done some readin'. Looks like I need the vent between the toilet and the shower. Can I use a double wye just below the toilet flange to connect both the shower drain and the vent? That'd solve my space issue! My proposed setup is now this; Toilet flange connected to a...
  14. delta_v

Help! I think I have a problem. Might not, but we'll see. Can I use this setup? From the top; Toilet flange (3") on top of wye with 2" coming from the shower, 90 degree turn, wye with connection to vent, fernco to 3" copper that leads to the main sewer line. If the shower has to be after...
  15. delta_v

Success! No nasty surprises. Everything is where I figured it'd be. now have the 3" copper exposed and have cut away the old toilet flange and 90 degree elbow and sweated off the brass fitting where the old tub drain attached. The 3" pipe is vented; I'll need to reattach that along with adding...
  16. delta_v

I'll be picking up my kerdi shower base tomorrow, figuring out the final layout and with any luck, jackhammering in the afternoon. I'd appreciate it if you folks could keep an eye out for a post in the evening if I do get it done; I'll post some pics of the existing drain setup; with any luck...
  17. delta_v

I'm in Mimico. I'm back at work until Wednesday. i'll see if I can post some pics once I get the floor ripped up.
  18. delta_v

In that case, any suggestion for a good plumbing supply in the West end? HD doesn't seem to have too much in the way of 3" fittings. I've got 3" copper for the toilet right now.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks