Search results

1. Gear Junkie

Galvanized Drain Pipe Leak

Fernco does make cap that fits over the hub.
  2. Gear Junkie

What are these pipes?

They're vents for your gas line.
  3. Gear Junkie

Dirt in bathtub trap - Push on or vacuum out?

How are you getting dirt in the trap? Something's not making sense.
  4. Gear Junkie

Clogged Line

A small cable will kink up faster than a big cable. I would rent a machine if I was in your shoes. I'm a professional drain cleaner so be careful doing this. This is definently not rocket science but there is some danger involved. Don't bother with rootx if you haven't gotten any evidence of...
  5. Gear Junkie

Steel to Clay Pipe connections....

Call a plumber to camera and locate the line.
  6. Gear Junkie

Clogged Line

camera the line
  7. Gear Junkie

dialectric union vs dialectric nipples

I take them out altogether and install 6"brass nipples.
  8. Gear Junkie

Removing drum trap in lead drain

Thanks for heads up. I would definently not snake a lead line. How did you see the rest of his pics? I can only see one in his original post.
  9. Gear Junkie

Mansfield Flush Valve problem

Change it to a fluidmaster. I see these all the time here. Mansfield is crap.
  10. Gear Junkie

Removing drum trap in lead drain

Why not take out that fitting and run a snake to clear the clog? Easy day if you're past the drum trap.
  11. Gear Junkie

Is a WH supposed to be raised off the floor?

We put them on stands here because the gas vapors sink and a spark from a gas W/H could set it off. We do put bollards in front of the stand since a stand won't stop a car.
  12. Gear Junkie

My Pex install

Looks very nice. Is that a tankless water heater above the manifold?
  13. Gear Junkie

Need advice: Would soldering stop this leak?

Read between the lines, just because the "300" and the "10" doesn't have a dollar sign in front of it, I think it's safe to assume what I meant.
  14. Gear Junkie

Need advice: Would soldering stop this leak?

Braze it and that'll hold. Oxygen Acetylene rig-300, brazing rod, 10=$310. New faucet-$100. I don't know why anyone would think of a new faucet.
  15. Gear Junkie

new ball valve leaks at stem

Can you post a pic of your ball valve? Want to make sure we're talking about the same thing. Solder with mapp gas, works better.
  16. Gear Junkie

Replacing water heater anode rods?

What kind of impact driver do you use?
  17. Gear Junkie

rough in help. pics included

Just saw something else; the wye that serves as a c/o on the second and third pic should have at least 6-8" between the 1/8 bend and the wye. This isn't a code issue but it looks like part of the 1/8 bend will be in concrete. If for some weird reason in the future, that wye needs to come out...
  18. Gear Junkie

Galvanized pipe to water main?

40 year old galvanized pipe; replace it first chance you get. It's on it's last legs.
  19. Gear Junkie

rough in help. pics included

The p-trap-change to one without the cleanout at the bottom. Having a gasket under concrete make me nervous. The last pic- why not join the sink and washer drain together and eliminate the sink wye fitting? Is that a kitchen sink or a bathroom sink? The 90 on the washer line is a vent 90- I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks