Search results

1. A

in-wall drain vent allowing septic smell to seep in?

I removed the air admittance valve 6 months ago and reconnected the vent to to the roof. I think I'll go ahead and put in a vent to get air flow in the wall. I have no idea why that'll work but that seems to be why there was no odor when the there was an opening in the drywall.
  2. A

So, 6 months ago, I cut out a 12"x12" piece of sheet rock to access where the drain pipe goes under the slab and filled the space around the pipe with sand. No smell whatsoever after do that. Being lazy, I didn't fix the drywall cut out until a week ago. IMMEDIATELY THE SAME DAY, the smell...
  3. A

Finally had a plumber come out yesterday. He said that the cutout space in the slab that was made for the shower drain and vent pipes should have been backfilled with sand. He thought the smell probably came from this space since the P-trap, vent, etc. had no problems. So, I'll just go buy a...
  4. A

So I removed the air admittance valve and reconnected the pipe to vent out the roof. After re-sheet rocking the closet wall where I'd cut through to access the pipe, I was really obsessive and before I put on the base board, I caulked the bottom of the sheet rock where it meets the tile to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks