Search results

1. Krow

Baseboard heater/wiring question

Connect the black wire with the solid black, connect white wire with the greyish black and ground wire to the phillipps screw at the very top of the baseboard in your first photo. It won't really matter which wire is which because the baseboard has 2 hot (power) wires(240v)
  2. Krow

toilet wet vent in Canada

The qouted clause refers to 2 wet venting fixtures venting 1 fixture, in this case the toilet. The tub needs to be seperately vented and the lav becomes the wet venting fixture for the toilet.(as the latter part of the qoute states), that is the way I am interpreting it.
  3. Krow

toilet wet vent in Canada

The only thing that I find questionable is the section in the green circle. The 2 fixtures are not both draining in the same vertical continuous waste and vent. That's the way I interpret the code anyway
  4. Krow

Moen Single Handle shower- no cold water???

Are you sure it is a "positemp?" Correct me if I'm wrong, The only valve that I know that has the 2 "screws" on iether side (shut off valves/stops), is the moentrol. If it is a moentrol, you will need a balancing spool
  5. Krow

Self-rimming Kohler sink help

These sinks are designed to sit in the hole with a bead of silicone chaulking holding it in place. Assemble your faucet and drain assembly first and then run a bead of silicone around your opening. Set the sink inside the hole, square it up and let sit for 24 hours. The silicone will stop...
  6. Krow

floor drain, Canada

If your downspout is disconnected from the drain. Have the downspout diverted to your lawn and cap the exterior as well as what ever you need to connect inside. The inspector may still want you to put a primer, regardless of the high eff furnace. It depends on the individual inspector. I...
  7. Krow

floor drain, Canada

The pipe that you see going to the "weeping tile" is probably a downspout drain. In the old days, they used to connect the eaves trough drains to the floor drain in the basement. If in fact you are correct that it connects to the weeping tile, i would not disconnect it unless you have another...
  8. Krow

floor drain, Canada

The old clay may be coming from an old downspout drain. It depends on where it is coming from and where it ends up going. The wet vent should be closest to the toliet. The shower/bath drains should be further than the toilet.
  9. Krow

Moen valve issue

I'm going to put my money on rust build up in the galvanized lines, rather than the valve
  10. Krow

Test ball / balloons?

Plumbing supplier will have all the test caps, plugs, balloons , except the billiard ball. I beleive there is a Westburne plumbing supply close to you in New Market. 110 Harry Walker N. #905-895-8625. If they did not shut it down
  11. Krow

Leaking compression connector PEX hose under sink

Any "weight thing" that I have ever installed usually came where you could open it or split it in half and put it on after the hose is connected.Either clipped together or 2 scews to fasten the 2 components. The plastic nuts are never a good idea for compression fittings. If you over...
  12. Krow

Laundry drain pipe help for s-trap location. Canada

Its not really a good idea, as well as against code, to reduce the 2" to 1 1/2" down stream of the P-trap, especially on the horizontal run. It will be your primary spot for any future blockages. It will be only a temporary fix. Its only a question of time. Good luck, I hope it works out...
  13. Krow

trap primer for the floor drain, Canada

Replace the hot water washer on the tap and the trickle will stop. While your at it , replace the cold water washer too. 95% of Canadians rarely use mechanical trap primers because they are prone to fail.This particular set up is attached to the laundry tub faucet
  14. Krow

Laundry drain pipe help for s-trap location. Canada

I 'm not really clear what you are asking. But, s-trap are not allowed anywhere in north America....... except maybe Mexico (maybe you mean p-trap) Let us know if you have a laundry sink in your set up. Regardless of whether you do or not, whether its 1 1/2" or 2 ", you need to install a...
  15. Krow

vent through a wall

It is allowable to go through a wall, but you need to exit at 45 degrees and extend to above the roof and any change of vertical direction must be 45 degrees. There should be no horizontal runs where there is a possibility of water accumulation.Minimum 3" diameter pipe
  16. Krow

Proper fitting question

Just make sure that the pipe you run does not exceed 20Ft from the p-trap to the main stack, otherwise you will have to install cleanouts at 20ft intervals
  17. Krow

Plastic closet rings

Nothing wrong with them. I actually prefer them
  18. Krow

Proper fitting question

Are you planning on making the waste water dizzy before it goes to the main stack?? Why would you want to add extra changes in direction for your waste water? Better chances for blockages to happen You could do what you want, its your house, but my suggestion will pass any Ontario...
  19. Krow

Proper fitting question

What you have to do is raise the vent as high as you can above the horizontal plane of the drain and go to the nearest wall possible and come up at your 6" above your fixture. Code in Ontario prefers that you raise the vent immediatly, where ever possible
  20. Krow

Replacing old cast iron elbow in wall. How do I fix this?

You can try heating up the fitting only and then try turning it, or you can try smaking the fitting at the hub with a 2 hammers. I hammer stays stationary behind the fitting and the other hammer to hit it from the opposite side. It looks like space may be an issue
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks