Search results

1. brianh2000

New Bathroom construction

Allowed by code I was referring "Allowed under county code". My question is really related to whether or not 10 feet poses a functional problem. I don't want to hire a plumber and a carpenter to do the work, only to find out that I am going to have problems later, even if 10 feet is allowed...
  2. brianh2000

***So what I am hearing is that 6ft is truly the max, even if allowed? Reasons, loss of venting, thus causing backups, etc? *** I know the Director for Building Inspections and code enforcement and will give him a call tomorrow. Unfortuantely I had to go ahead and make the offer for the...
  3. brianh2000

Adding another bathroom on the second level

Thanks I appreciate your response.. cleared up some confusion for me.. I think this will be possible if the VA code allows for 10ft... Just a matter of confirming and then deciding if we want to really make a mess of the kitchen ceiling, walls and removing the cabinets. This will not be an...
  4. brianh2000

Kitchen sink Gurgles when upstairs toilets are flushed

Venting A little more info: Prior to the modifications done after closing on the house and doing home improvements, this problem did not exist... About 1 year later the basement was finished and a bathrm was installed using the builder's rough in.. at the same time the bathroom was...
  5. brianh2000

thanks Could an improper installation of the kitchen sink be the cause of the venting issue? The flex pipe appears to be smaller than the others, as well as having a improper turn, wish I had a photo to post.. all in all this sink installation needs to be redone.. but could this cause this...
  6. brianh2000

thanks Time is not on my side on this one. I need a good rule of thumb %. This is home was built in 1987, the home has four bathrooms.... 2 upper level baths, side-by-side share a commen wall where the drain pipe resides.. 1 main level bathroom in close proximity to the other two...
  7. brianh2000

thanks again thanks again!! I figured this was the case, but needed to confirm it with the Pro's
  8. brianh2000

Thanks I am located in Northern VA. I suspected that this would be the issue.. I did have a guy look at it and he did say it could be done but would need a soffit. I questioned the distance and he did not feel it was a problem, but knowing he is a carpenter with plumbing experience, my gut...
  9. brianh2000

still a problem The problem with that, is that on the other side of the wall the toilet will share is the other bathrooms bathtub... This is a great alternative if acceptable in VA... The real question I need answered is the ten foot distance too far? This is the make or break question...
  10. brianh2000

I am considering purchasing a foreclosed home. I would like to eliminate one of the 5 bedrooms upstairs and convert two into one large mastersuite. I would like to turn half of one bedroom into a second master bathroom. Heres my secenerio: There are two bathrooms side by side, MtrBa and...
  11. brianh2000

Just as the Title says, whenever an upstairs toilets is flushed, the kitchen sink gurgles. It also causes a gurgling sound in the upstairs bathtubs. Secenrio: Newly constructed luxury home.. 4 yrs old 4 bathrooms.. 2 upper level 1 main level 1 lower level Changes to plumbing...
  12. brianh2000

Toilet flush causes sink to gurgle

Just as the Title says, whenever an upstairs toilet is flushed, the kitchen sink gurgles. It also causes a gurgling sound in the upstairs bathtubs. Secenrio: Newly constructed luxury home.. 4 yrs old 4 bathrooms.. 2 upper level 1 main level 1 lower level Changes to plumbing...
  13. brianh2000

I am considering purchasing a foreclosed home. I would like to eliminate one of the 5 bedrooms upstairs and convert two into one large mastersuite. I would like to turn half of one bedroom into a second master bathroom. Heres my secenerio: There are two bathrooms side by side, MtrBa and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks