Search results

1. S

pump cycles on...we get water hammer...suggestions??

I appreciate all the help. At least it gets me started in a direction. Also I didn't mean to confuse anyone when mentioned "wellhead" and "pump" which I, being a novice, used to identify my deep well submersible pump. I'll post again after I do some checkin'. Thanks again.
  2. S

responding to Raucina: The pressure tank is preloaded to 38psi, cut in on the pressure switch is 40psi so no problem there. When the switch cuts in, there may be about a 1/2 to 1 second span before we'll get one good "slam". I get no loss of pressure. Like I mentioned in the previous post, I...
  3. S

Trouble is that we only get it when the pump cycles on and in the garage where the pressure tank and softener system is located. We get nothing when any other faucets are open. I think I'll try to drain the whole system down to see if maybe there are other air chambers that might be waterlogged.
  4. S

So do you think that I should start by removing the check valves? I guess the one in line with the softener would be the easier of the two to remove. Why would it now be causing a problem after all this time? Any other things I should be looking to? Thanks again.
  5. S

Yes, although I can't give you any specs since there isn't an id tag on it.
  6. S

Thanks for the post. We have a check valve at the well head and also I noticed one on the line leading to the conditioner, past the bypass; there's no others that I can see. This setup has been working fine for several years but has recently developed the hammering. Anything else I should look...
  7. S

When our pump cycles on, we get a water hammer effect close to the area of the pressure tank. I would appreciate any suggestions in how to diagnose the problem. The pressure tank is relatively new; I replaced it about a year ago. We have a water softener system in place; resin, carbon, brine...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks