Search results

1. S

Metal studs

Screws can drive you crazy. This is an important consideration. Garden variety drywall screws for fastening drywall to metal studs have many different gauges and thread counts. The wrapped edges of most drywall sheets are poured with a harder denser mix during the manufacturing process. It...
  2. S

Metal studs

Installing metal studs can be made simple with the purchase of a three inch vice grip styled tool. Just clamp the stud to the track at your marked location and zap it with a screw. A simpler solution is to purchase one of the stud crimping tools, but this may be pricey for a small job. Stud...
  3. S

Question on drywall.

Graco has some devices that can really be a boost for small repairs like you are mentioning. There is a hand pushed tube/type hand pumped sprayer that can be put underneath a hopper. The top of a hopper gun is a regular pipe fitting, so you can put many kinds of closed top cans on them. Which...
  4. S

Question on drywall.

What kind of texture? What type of texture are you applying? How thick will it be? Have you heated the job with any oil belching temporary heaters? Are you spraying or rolling a texture? If you are using drywall compound from a box or bucket, the premixed kind, you would be well served to...
  5. S

Pressure tank required by code

I know the answer to this one! I just worked on my daughters house in Marietta, GA. Her city water supply is redoing all the supply meters in the city. The new systems all have a check valve to eliminate for all time any chances of back flow from a residence to the city water supply. With...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks