Search results

1. M

Refrigerator water filters

I am in the market for a new refrigerator, my old one - though still going strong - is now 24 years old ! I notice that many of the new refrigerators have built in water filters. How good are these filters (I am looking at a Kenmore refrigerator)? Should I consider a separate water filter...
  2. M

Removing saddle valve

I may well still do that, but at least now it will not be as an "emergency". Thanks for the advice.
  3. M

Removing saddle valve

Solved I think I solved the leaking Saddle Valve problem. I tightened what I believe is called the packing nut (around the self taping pin) and that stopped the leak. It was already tight but apparently not tight enough so that the extra tightening seems to have done the trick. Can't really...
  4. M

Removing saddle valve

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not a plumber, so cutting the pipe, etc. is beyond my capabilities .... Is there a simpler way to repace the saddle valve? Do they exist with "larger" tapholes or some other way to plug it for good? (My temporary twist of the saddle valve is not holding...
  5. M

Removing saddle valve

Decades ago, a plumber used what looks like a self tapping saddle valve to connect my refrigerator's ice-maker's water supply pipe to the main cold water pipe under the sink. Now the saddle valve is leaking from the self-taping screw. If I turn this screw just right, I seem to be able to stop...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks