Search results

1. Corkercoon

ABS to copper tub drain

So the one I had was 1 1/2 by 1 1/2, and looked like the image below. Is this the one I should go with but in 1 1/2 by 1 1/4 or something that has the all metal casing in the picture posted above. Just got a bit confused with some of the dialog going back and forth. Below is an illegal...
  2. Corkercoon

ABS to copper tub drain

The adapter seems to be rubber with two metal bands on each end that can be tightened at each side to complete the connection. I do have access from my crawlspace below. I guess the main reason I do not believe the fitting would work is that the total diameter between an 1 1/2 copper to 1 1/2...
  3. Corkercoon

ABS to copper tub drain

I googled my problem and seemed to find the below solution. Do you think this would work? "Question: I am remodeling a bathroom. The existing drain pipe is 1 1/2" copper tubing. What is the best way to connect a 1 1/2" PVC to 1 1/2" copper tubing? Answer: I would take a 1 1/2" female...
  4. Corkercoon

ABS to copper tub drain

Hi there, I am in the midst of replacing a standard bathtub/ shower, and had a question about the ABS drain and overflow connector kit I purchased to the copper (I believe) drain pipe. I explained the situation to a local big box store, and they gave me a compression fitting to connect the 1...
  5. Corkercoon

replacing 1950's bathtub

Fair enough, I will check their origin and termination. Not being very familiar with the bathtub plumbing I thought perhaps it was a standard setup back in the day or something. I really appreciate the responses.
  6. Corkercoon

replacing 1950's bathtub

Thanks, I would probably not have questioned it if I had an upstairs; but it is a bungalow so that is what is puzzling me. I am also on a well, not sure if that matters?
  7. Corkercoon

replacing 1950's bathtub

Hi all, I am slowly working towards revovating my first bathroom. I have worked on sinks and toilets, but this will be my first bathtub. The area of the house I will be working on was built in the mid 1950's, and it is bungalow with crawl space (not sure if it will matter). I have removed all...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks