Search results

1. macheske

New Basement Rough-in

I also have one more option if I absolutely need more vent size. I had the builder run a 4" piece of PVC from the basement to the attic for later wiring if I needed it. I could use all or part of it for a vent all the way to the attic but the path would be torturous since it's on the other...
  2. macheske

New Basement Rough-in

I took a look at the stack. I have a 3" stack not far from the second bathroom area. Can I use it to vent the second bath? It already has a 1/2 bath from the first floor and a full bath from the second floor on it.
  3. macheske

New Basement Rough-in

Thanks hj. I'll do that. Since I'm not going to have enough vent size for everything down there, can I run a vent off one of the main stacks over to there? What fittings do I use? Rick
  4. macheske

New Basement Rough-in

Is that because the vent is not close enough? Please explain. Thanks, Rick
  5. macheske

New Basement Rough-in

Oh...I looked up flat venting. There is no intention to flat vent. Here is a schematic where I tried to do it 3D. There still is the problem with not enough vent size... Comments?
  6. macheske

New Basement Rough-in

Can someone explain what is "flat venting"? Thanks, Rick
  7. macheske

New Basement Rough-in

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions that you would have.... I've never done any substantial waste plumbing. The location of the main is pretty close according to looking at another house like mine. Questions: How do I determine if the vents are adequate? Do you always put the vent...
  8. macheske

New Basement Rough-in

I was thinking something like this.... Comments? Help??
  9. macheske

New Basement Rough-in

My guess is that the main runs from the far upper left hand corner of the drawing (about 14' off of the drawing) toward the existing toilet rough in. They are building a house similar to mine so I will check it out if I can. Any suggestions on the venting of the other items? Thanks, Rick
  10. macheske

New Basement Rough-in

Well, I had a new house built last year with the intention of finishing the basement this year. The basement is rough plumbed but the wife wants to have 2 bathrooms instead of one and a mini-kitchen including a sink and possibly a dishwasher. I've finished a couple other basements but this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks