Search results

1. F

Screw in ABS vent pipe

Thanks to everyone for the help I feared the potential corrosion problem, I would rather not cut the pipe and apply sleeve as I am unsure I would be able to get enough clearance to get a coupler on, as the pipe goes staright up to the roof. The sheetrock also has no clearance from the pipe and...
  2. F

Screw in ABS vent pipe

Am using Kerdi system Can anyone explain the failure I should expect due to the screw into the ABS?
  3. F

Screw in ABS vent pipe

I just realized while attaching the sheetrock in my shower remodel that I screwed directly in to an ABS vent pipe. Was attaching bottom of sheet into the sole plate, so not worried about hitting studs and sure enough I hit the drain pipe straight on. The screw pulled the sheet rock in tight...
  4. F

Drain issue for shower remodel

More information Prior to removing the old shower, the drain has functioned just fine as we have been using this shower daily right up to removing the old surround. Is it still necessary to dig down to trap? I do not know how the transition to ABS/PVC from steel is done, is it easier to do it...
  5. F

Drain issue for shower remodel

I am in the process of replacing a plastic shower stall with a fully tiled shower stall. Shower is in basement and is on concrete slab. After removal of old base, I realize I have a 2" steel pipe that is currently at slab height. I also note a crack in the concrete (not near drain) across the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks