Search results

1. Koa

TOTO Washlet Repair

^^^ Cool. I figured it would help someone eventually! Hope it works out!
  2. Koa

8in rough in

Remove stud wall or lower part of wall? Or just area where toilet sits? Reframe, with thinner battens and new drywall?
  3. Koa

Can this drip be stopped?

There is a break down drawing of the parts and installation instructions. It doesn’t appear to be a tube inside the faucet body. https://www.graff-designs.com/en/catalog/bathroom/dett/322/luna-wall-mounted-lavatory-vessel-filler-w-single-control-handle/ Maybe the flow regulator could be...
  4. Koa

Laser Pointer for a curious cat

I use a laser pointer to chase feral chickens from my property. The green dot on the ground/vegetation freaks them out.
  5. Koa

Yet another post from someone going crazy choosing a toilet

Assuming a vent fan is independent of your light circuit, you could install smart bulbs, wireless remote dimmer/on/off switch mounted anywhere. Your existing light switch would stay always on. The Hue system has all these capabilities. Probably be cheaper than a electrician moving an outlet...
  6. Koa

White or clear caulking for a new toilet, plumbinghacks

Looks like the cartridge was installed backwards in the the caulking gun.
  7. Koa

Match for shower valve

Grohe https://www.guillens.com/GRO/34436.htm
  8. Koa

Outdoor shower

I’ve had a few outdoor showers. One in a tree house. It would be better to have the valve at the shower and not some distance away. If you’re already running one line, it’s not too hard to run another. Depending on ambient temperature I tend to adjust the shower quite a bit. Plus it will...
  9. Koa

Kitchen faucet nut won't budge for removal

Drilling with long bit is probably easiest since Dremel might not fit. Wear eye protection. If you can get some sort of wrench on it but no room to turn it, try unscrewing faucet from top. You might have to disassemble it a bit depending on design to get a grip on a non rotating part.
  10. Koa

Pull Down Kitchen Faucet

First make sure all connections are screwed tight. I would try calling Hansgrohe customer service. They might send you the parts you need for free. Grohe, although not the same company, has sent me many free parts, from the quick disconnects, soap dispensers, kitchen nozzles, etc. If they...
  11. Koa

Making Pipe Threads Fit Closer Together?

Ended up cutting the valve threads off. Seems to work fine although there’s no way to really test it. These really are great units for $300.
  12. Koa

None of ones near me carry them. Found a valve for a washing box that has running threads I can cut off. $15 from Home Depot if all else fails.
  13. Koa

Toto Soft Close Repair?

Kohler makes some nice soft close seats. They snap on and off, plus soft close mechanism is repairable. Kohler has sent me parts for free before. Costco in store had them for less than $30, but don’t know if they were the quick disconnect ones.
  14. Koa

Fixing an incorrect placement for Hansgrohe tub spout

I’m putting in a Grohe shower retro system that has a part that might be able to be used as a spacer. It’s 3 1/2” dia, 1 1/8” hole, 1/2” thick, heavy chrome plated brass. It’s the donut shaped piece in figure 6. Try calling Grohe to see if you could buy one even though there’s no part...
  15. Koa

Thanks for that. Will try that if I can find it. Been searching online and found a couple places selling stainless. Would rather have brass. If you know of a place that sells it please post.
  16. Koa

That would help by cleaning up the threads a bit? Would that make the threads deeper? I bet the tap would bottom out before helping much. Really concerns me to do anything with fitting in wall since I can’t repair that without breaking into tile.
  17. Koa

I'm installing a Grohe Retro Shower System. It uses existing faucet and adds a diverted. It screws into existing shower arm fitting with a brass threaded fitting. Different length nipples are used to adjust length the brass fitting protrudes from wall to be within the small tolerance allowed...
  18. Koa

Washlet Base Plate Assembly THU9492

If you unlatch the seat from the bracket while the unit is on, it turns itself off, the power light will blink but it won’t function. Maybe there’s a position with the latch once slipped over bracket even without clips that would allow it to run?
  19. Koa

Advice for replacing an old toilet who's dimensions don't seem to exist any more

Would a little bit smaller door clear? Trim out the latch side jam smaller. Might even be able to use same door. What’s happening with the door by the sink? Can that be reconfigured? Then maybe a barn door slider could replace one by toilet. Seems like a bi-fold door by toilet would give...
  20. Koa

Need advice on Toto 1 GPF vs 1.28 GPF Toilet

I know this is from last year. I was searching for something else and ran across this post. Maybe with the dilution with the tank water it doesn’t matter, but it should be mentioned chlorine and vinegar should never be combined. https://www.thoughtco.com/mixing-bleach-and-vinegar-609281
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks