Search results

1. Pumpman

Primer Problems

Right off hand, it would appear to me that the well is running out of water. The fact that it recharges in a few minutes is a good thing, but it seems that it runs out again right away. I would be leery....very leery!! Ron
  2. Pumpman

Cast iron motor adpater cracked Goulds Motor Apapter Part#1K310

That pump you have is a J7S, which is a 3/4 hp shallow well jet pump. The spring thing is a mechanical seal, which is part number 10k10. The stationary half of the seal is pressed into the motor adapter. It presses in very easily with your fingers. You'll want to replace the seal ring, which...
  3. Pumpman

Sprinkler Pump buzzing

That looks like a Myers sprinkler pump. (The picture you posted is a Water Ace, which is a cheap version of the Myers pump). The buzzing sound is usually a bad start capacitor. It may also be a "locked up" pump motor. If it tries to start, and trips the breaker, the motor is probably bad. If...
  4. Pumpman

Pump Cycling

I'm in a position where I work with a number of pump contractors. Most of them like one manufacturer over another, and will give you a million reasons why. I know contractors that will install a Berkeley 4" sub pump, but wouldn't touch a Sta-rite (they come off the same assembly line....the ONLY...
  5. Pumpman

Shallow well pump /horizontal ?

I think what you are refering to is adding friction losses in the piping to the vertical lift that the pump must make. Different sized piping has different losses, depending on the flow rate. Ron
  6. Pumpman

Sweating Welltrol Tank

Set a fan where it will circulate air around the tank. That will keep it from sweating so bad. Ron
  7. Pumpman

New home on well, flow concerns...

See if you can find out some info on the pump itself. It would help if we knew what the pump was doing from the get-go. If it's a Goulds, like your tank, I'll have the curves to tell what it should be doing. If it's another brand, someone here will be able to figure it out. Ron
  8. Pumpman

Con-Aire Model Specs

You are correct. It has a 1" inlet/outlet. Ron
  9. Pumpman

Preset Factory Voltage

Most of the time 3/4 hp and larger jet pumps are factory set for 230V. A lot of 1/2 hp are set at 115V. There's usually a sticker on the pump that states the factory setting. Ron
  10. Pumpman

Contractor question

As a contractor, I always tried real hard to have a job finished when I said it would be done. You run into problems that you don't expect, but you work around them and try to finish on time. I don't like it when contractors purposely prolong a job. I'm also amazed by the requests you'll get...
  11. Pumpman

Available pump switches?

They do make dampening devices for pressure switches, but they tend to plug up easily. The best solution is to move the switch sensing line away from the pump. Go from the switch to someplace by the tank. When the line is plumbed to the pump head, it's sensitive to "pressure waves". The other...
  12. Pumpman

pressure switch bad?

What type of pump do you have? Is it submersible or above ground? Ron
  13. Pumpman

Deep Well Jet Cleaning or Replacement

The jet (nozzle) on a deep well jet pump is inside the deep well ejector, which is down in the well. The nozzle has a about a 3/16 hole in it, which clogs up quite easily. I doubt you'll get it unclogged without puilling the ejector all the way out of the well. It sounds like the ejector is...
  14. Pumpman

Shallow well vertical casing adapter

Since there is a casing adapter and two pipes going to it, I would assume that there is a 2" packer down in the well. A packer does the same thing as a deep well ejector does in a 4" well. A packer is normally used when the depth to water in a 2" well is too far down for a shallow well pump...
  15. Pumpman

Cant get sprinkler pump to run

No, I'm not recommending that you get a pressure switch. I mentioned this switch because many times the problem with a pump not running can be tranced to a bad switch. Even with a WaterAce pump it's doubtful that you would get two pumps back to back with bad motors. If the electrical is...
  16. Pumpman

Cant get sprinkler pump to run

Does the pump have a pressure switch on it? If so, is it wired correctly and do you have electricity going through it? You can remove the back cover of the motor at check at the terminals there. If you have power there, but the motor doesn't run, there is a problem with the motor. If you don't...
  17. Pumpman

key point to changing pressure switch?

As BobNH stated, changing a pressure switch is a really good time to check the precharge. If you need to, make a simple schematic of the wiring at the switch. You'll need to rewire exactly as the other switch was wired. Ron
  18. Pumpman

Pump won't start except manually...briefly

That pressure switch with the lever has a low pressure drop out feature that shuts the pump off should you run out of water or a line should rupture. You usually have to hold the levr up until the pump pressure reaches 20 psi, or so. The cklicking sound you hear is probably the thermal...
  19. Pumpman

Is it a full moon?

You're right Speed. There's no neutral with 230V. Just two hot legs and a ground. Ron
  20. Pumpman

F&W Pump issue or something else.

I couldn't find any info on this pump on the F&W website. I also am at a loss as to what an "automatic jet pressure control" is. In any case, it sounds like the pump is sucking in air, possibly when the demand is heavier than normal. The pitless adapter on a 2" driven well is throwing me too...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks