Search results

1. Rolfsi

In-slab Radiant heat??? what can I cover it with?

Can I put an engineered wood floor over in-slab concret radiant heat and not affect the efficiency of the system?
  2. Rolfsi

Vent for Vanity

Thanks guys. I appreciate your advice. I am going to install a vent tee with an elbow out to the trap and go up through the top plate. I didn't think an AAV would be a good idea.
  3. Rolfsi

Vent for Vanity

I have an 2 pvc pipe for a vent that I am reducing to 1 1/2 inch to fit through the top plate. I am installing a vanity with an 1 1/2 inch drain. The problem is the vanity trap will be about 5 ' from the vent. Am I out of spec for critical distance? Can I get by with the installation of an...
  4. Rolfsi

IN floor (concrete) radiant heat low voltage pumps

I have an in-floor concrete radiant heat system. One loop is discharging water at 130 degrees from the boiler. The larger loop is discharging at 101 degrees. Is it possible for low voltage cast iron pumps to work sluggisly and thus reduce the discharge temp from the boiler? It just seems...
  5. Rolfsi

in slab radiant floor heat Insulation??

radiant heat Just finished getting it installed and boy is it neat. Used a Munchkin contender boiler and it is really a neat system.
  6. Rolfsi

Woodford Y34 hydrant

Do I need to winterize a woodford hydrant or is it frost-free? It is a y34 Woodford Hydrant.
  7. Rolfsi

thanks Bob: Thanks for your help. I am assuming your answer to the question is EPS ridgid board? I would prefer to do the PEX aspect of it myself and leave the manifold, pumps, boiler, etc. up to a plumber. Any suggestions?
  8. Rolfsi

What is the best product to use for insulating in-slab pex? Rfoil bubble or EPS Foam? Anyone have any experience with either? Thanks for your help. Rolfsi
  9. Rolfsi

In concrete tub drain rough-in

I know how to rough in a water closet (12"-13" inches from the back wall and 15-16" from the side wall) and all the venting in a slab configuration. However, I would like to put in a 60" tub/shower combo and am not sure how far to locate the drain from the end wall and the side wall? any...
  10. Rolfsi

Radiant Heat Concrete?? Manuals

Does anyone know of any good resources (books, websites, or Manuals) that I can read to learn more about designing and installing an in-concrete radiant floor heating system in a metal building? Any guidance would be helpful and I will be grateful for the help. :) Hope to hear from you soon...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks