Search results

1. dhobs

rough in in attic

code Well after reading the replies, i guess my only option is to tear out ALL the existing plumbing including the original plumbing put in when the house was built (1951). There are no vents to the first floor bathroom (the original) other than the vent stack itself, I know because i have...
  2. dhobs

rough in in attic

hello everyone and thanks for looking. I am plumbing in a bathroom (sink, toilet and acrylic tub with mortar bed) in my attic, but because of limited space between joists and not really wanting to cut in or notch them i came up with this arrangement (see photos and please don't laugh). the...
  3. dhobs

attic bathroom

reply thanks, aware of the weight problem, going to have tear up the existing floor and double up the joists were the tub will be sitting. it's a small house and the span will not be greater than 12' to pick up the load bearing wall beneath. going to have to check load limits for span and load...
  4. dhobs

attic bathroom

getting ready to install a full bathroom in my homes attic. my question is, what clearance is needed depth wise for the closet bend and the trap for the tub? the joists are 7" deep plus the 3/4 for the floor. Am i going to have to pick the floor up or worst yet go into the ceiling below to get...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks