Search results

1. Daltex

What else could it be: indirect hot water heater leaking?

HVAC annual service doesn't normally include blowing out the condensate line. Some will drop a tablet to try and keep the biofilm to a minimum. If you put a union in it so you can access it, you can use a shop vac to clear it yourself. It's not as powerful as compressed air from the nitrogen...
  2. Daltex

Long run tempering tank?

I'm still searching for the best approach but I think that I will just replace the existing electric tank with another electric one. Reason is cost of PV or DV tank along with hassle of install to place it where I was going to put it. Chaps my azz that the supply houses charge more then big box...
  3. Daltex

What else could it be: indirect hot water heater leaking?

You sound reasonable and I'm guessing that the owner of the company would be pissed if he knew how your situation turned out. Write him a note explaining what happened and why you are leaving and he may respond or maybe not ( I would ). It's not that hard to diagnose a bad expansion tank so a...
  4. Daltex

Long run tempering tank?

I have wasted so many hours planning this mess. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. 2 bathrooms with tubs (one huge soaker tub in master) 2 bathrooms with showers and no tub Current setup is 3 electric tanks. Location Texas. Occupied Thursday night through Sunday night 2 adults and 2...
  5. Daltex

Pushing lake water 500' through 1" sch 40- Uggh

Update: Thanks for all your advice. Spring of last year the pump motor bearings went out so I side that as an excuse to redo the whole thing. New pump same size 3 hp but trashed the manifold of valves and ran 2" to each zone with 1-1/2" laterals. I used 1-1/2" valves. Flow calculations allowed...
  6. Daltex

Water heater (and A/C drain line) installation review

I would get a HVAC contractor to take a look. It could be the pipe is coming from the emergency overflow pan under the evaporator coil. I've never seen one drain into a DWH pan before but also never seen a condensation drain terminate there either.
  7. Daltex

I agree that an increase in pressure is the key. The problem is how to increase pressure when the friction loss of the 1" pipe is so large for the 500' run. I'm sure that if I dropped the flow to a few g/m that the pressure would increase but I think that the pump would be much more efficent if...
  8. Daltex

After reading more about my situation on other forums I think I will leave it as is until I can upsize the main feed line to a 2" line. If I reduce the nozzle size but add an additional zone with it's seperate 1" line it seems the pressure would rise but not significantly. The main concern I...
  9. Daltex

I bought a lake house with 2 acres to irrigate. The existing system uses a 3hp pump connected directly to a manifold with 8 zones feed off of it. The problem is that the pressure at the heads of most of the zones is closer to 20 psi. The runs vary in lenght up to 500'. All pvc is 1" sch 40. I...
  10. Daltex

If install cost wasn't an issue...

One thing that I haven't seen addressed is the disaster potential of the tank type HWH. I have 5 HWH's and 3 are upstairs over living areas. To relocate isn't possible or at least practical. 2 have had massive leaks destroying the lower level. Both were less than 10 yrs. old. I have the...
  11. Daltex

Roof Vent Stack Boot Repair

It is common for roofers to replace the roof jack however; a new rubber gasket is almost always all that is needed.
  12. Daltex

Tie sink vent & boiler vent together?

I know you wouldn't have posted this if you understood the implications of doing it. Quick answer is for a quick vent use an AAV if only for the one sink. May not be code so you might want to check it out with the city first. They are not quiet btw. Problems with connecting the vent to the...
  13. Daltex

drip at steel supply line

I'd like to add that I would start out tightening the shut off only snug. After pressurizing the pipe then tighten until the dripping stops. The warping of the fitting is very common and occurs due to overtightening.
  14. Daltex

Unused Washing Machine Standpipe

They sell "bladder" stoppers. Small rubber plugs you put in the pipe then inflate with a hand pump.
  15. Daltex

Confused on supply sizing

If cost is no object then go with the 1". 3/4 will work fine and with the cost difference I'd not waste the $ on the 1". Is the upstream connection 1" or larger? Price it out and see if the cost is worth the lack of a little pressure loss the few times you have all fixtures running at once. The...
  16. Daltex

You just gotta see this plumbing job

Looks like the ABS has a cleanout going directly into a copper Tee.
  17. Daltex

Improving pressure for sprinkles...

Crest, You must chose between the right pump or the correct flow rate of the sprinkler heads. If the pump is used for your house then getting a mega pump might be to much for the house but adequite for the sprinklers. Just add more zoning or better yet use lower flow rate nozzles on your...
  18. Daltex

Sewer Pipe Options

I had this one also. Two 4" and two 2" cast iron vents cut flush with deck in attic. One 4" in one part of house- Added an AAV. Tied the two 2" vents with the other 4" and AAV'd that also. Result= Stinky. Ran both out the roof and problem solved. Even with an AAV you capture the odors in the...
  19. Daltex

Sewer Pipe Options

Follow-up $$$$$$ The pipe bursting has begun. The whole 150' needed replacement. The main problem is root infestation where the 6" cast iron joins the clay which is under 50' of slab. The clay pipe has numerous offsets, fractures and bellies. What I learned about each approach for my...
  20. Daltex

Sewer Pipe Options

Thanks for the reply Mike. The pipe replacement method I was referring to was pipe bursting where they pull a cable with a bit on the leading end to bust the old pipe then behind that is a similar or even larger pipe pulled though the dirt. It has to have the connectors exposed for reconnection...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks