Search results

1. fozzy12

antifreeze protection for hydronic heat

I have a closed system hydronic heating system in my workshop. I want to protect it in case of power failure during the winter months. What type of antifreeze do you recommend? It's not connected to city water, it's a totally separate system. Can I use automotive type antifreeze? I was ready to...
  2. fozzy12

sump system recommendations

additional comments Seweratz, Thanks for the input. I took a look at the deluxe system that uses two pumps and two batteries side by side in the crock. I'm not sure my crock is big enough for that system. One thing I noticed is that in my crock, it appears that the drain tiles come quite far...
  3. fozzy12

sump system recommendations

I have a sump crock with a primary (110 volt pump) and a secondary backup, that is basically a 12 volt bilge type pump sold by Water Ace. It discharges through the same line as the primary pump and appears to be most useful in power outage situations. The primary used to just discharge a foot...
  4. fozzy12

water heater vent stack

HJ The water heater is in a separate building but since it has garage doors on it, it needs to be on a pedestal. Here it also needs to be protected from impact. That means either 4 inch steel posts filled with concrete, or a wall. I chose the wall, I planned on it anyway. It is an older...
  5. fozzy12

water heater vent stack

NH, Sorry to disappoint you on the wrench throwing, it is installed on an 18 inch pedestal! Eric
  6. fozzy12

water heater vent stack

HJ, It wasn't a question of taking a chance with single wall, I didn't know any better. I assumed since the heater had a normal 4 inch stack on top of it, that single wall would be acceptable, leaving enough clearance around the pipe. Since I have found out differently from the inspector who...
  7. fozzy12

water heater vent stack

I'm running a standard water heater in my garage. It's a 75 gal Brad White with a 4" vent. Do I need to run double insulated vent piping? I temporarily put it in with standard 4 inch vent, through a roof flashing with a storm collar and a cap. I'm getting it inspected and rather going through...
  8. fozzy12

Converting water heater from LP to NG

LP to NG conversion Yes, I had my hot water heater converted from Propane to NG when they ran a line past my house. I had to have a licensed plumber order the kit from the hot water heater manufacturer and he installed it. They wouldn't sell it to anyone else. Wouldn't even really talk about...
  9. fozzy12

Toto Drake

Well I have been lurking here for a while and asking a few questions now and then. I bought my first Toto Drake on Saturday and installed it. I see why you pros like it. It was very easy to put together and install and I used a wax ring without the funnel. I bought a self closing Toto seat...
  10. fozzy12

Cutting drain pipe for new shower

cutting drain pipe Jim, Thanks for the reply. I didn't know they made inside pipe cutters. That would be the ticket if you had one. I have looked at Kerdi systems and they look really nice. I'm using hardie backer cement board for tile backer and I have looked at John Bridge.com. They have...
  11. fozzy12

Cutting drain pipe for new shower

When I had my house built, I had a plumber rough in the underfloor drains for a basement bathroom including a sewage crock. He left the pipes sticking out of the floor and capped. Now, I'm finishing the bathroom. The shower will be ceramic tile with a mud bed. I cut around the drain pipe in...
  12. fozzy12

Brad White water heater

Hello, I have a Bradford White water heater model MI75S5CN10. We had very windy conditions here over the weekend and the pilot blew out. I noticed a gas smell when this happened. The main burner and pilot were out. How long should it take the gas flow to the pilot to stop after the flame...
  13. fozzy12

pump recommendation

Sump Pumps Thanks Redwood, I was sort of hoping to find a piggyback unit that can use the same discharge pipe. Eric
  14. fozzy12

pump recommendation

Hi Guys, I have a sump pump and I need to add a battery back up unit for it. I'm finishing the basement and want to make sure that I don't have any issues with a pump not running. Been there, done that, don't want to do it again! Anyway, I'm willing to replace my current unit with a combo...
  15. fozzy12

Radiant heating

radiant heat follow up To NH master, Mine is a gas fired system, it's not electric. I'm not sure where that thought came from. Electric powered hot water radiant heat makes no fiscal sense at all. Eric
  16. fozzy12

Radiant heating

Update on Radiant heating I see this original thread generated a lot of posts about radiant heating methods. My system is up and running here in Michigan where the weather is getting pretty cold. So far my building is uninsulated and the second floor staple up piping is getting finished. This...
  17. fozzy12

leak testing copper piping project

ultrasonic leak detectors Redwood, Who sells those and how much do they cost? Thanks! Eric
  18. fozzy12

leak testing copper piping project

I've constructed a radiant heating system distribution panel for my garage. I purchased some of the pieces prebuilt, I've connected and fabricated the rest of the stuff. I'm comfortable sweating copper. The company provided a valve stem fitting so that I can pressurize the system to make sure...
  19. fozzy12

Radiant heating

I am building a 30 x 36 garage. It's 2 x 6 construction with attic trusses. I end up with an 18 x 30 room upstairs. I am putting radiant tubing in the slab and also under the second floor sheeting. I bought the system from a supplier in VT. They are well known. I need a hot water heater...
  20. fozzy12

Champion Toilets

phone conversation with tech support I just got off the phone with them and described my two different scenarios. They told me that they did in fact release a new valve last year due to the need for low profile tanks. They said that the new valve would fix the misfire on the flush due to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks