Search results

1. IronTek

New Toilet Install - Sewer Gas - Need Advice

Well, to update...the plumber came came and installed a wax ring "with 40% more wax." This has helped immensely, but there's still a little bit of odor... Are there any small, do-it-yourself type things I might be able to do to eliminate any remaining small leak?
  2. IronTek

Thanks for the advice...I will give them a call tomorrow and have them send someone out pronto (I'm going to have them bring a second ring as well for a double seal). But the toilet itself is solidly on the floor...there definitely isn't any rocking.
  3. IronTek

Well, that's what I was hoping, so I scrubbed the floor and tub (the plumber pumped the excess water in the old toilet into the tub...I rinsed the tub right away) this morning because I still smelled it when I woke up. I went and worked a half day and, when I got back, I admit that I...
  4. IronTek

I bought a toilet from Lowe's (An Eljer Titan) and paid for the install (if only so they would haul away the old one)... ...anyway, a plumber (not from Lowe's - third party) came and did the install and everything seemed fine. But when I got home from work yesterday evening, my whole house...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks