Search results

1. tobinator

Help with BAD water hammer from a long downhill run!

I have a long downhill run from my utility room to a lawn hydrant. Buried run is about 150' long (3/4" black poly)and there is an elevation drop of at least 32'. As any plumber would guess, there is a severe water hammer in the house when there is any action on the hydrant below. There's...
  2. tobinator

Severe Water Hammer from long downhill run.

Any advice? I have a 36" hydrant (quick close) and a 3/4" black poly line in approximately a 200' run with about 36' of elevation drop. In other words, my hydrant is WAY downhill from my home. When the hydrant is turned off, there is a HUGE shock wave that hammers the pipes in my house hard...
  3. tobinator

Solution to P-trap gas from self siphoning?

Just finished making some major changes to my drain and septic systems and I've created a problem with sewer gas. Can I get some advice on fixing? I rerouted my main 3" drain pipe to exit from a different point in my house, closer to my new septic tank. Used to have a pretty gentle slope...
  4. tobinator

Recirc Pump with Takagi Instant H20 Htr

Takes over 60 seconds to get hot water at my kitchen sink, so I need to hook up my recirc pump myself since my plumber flaked out on me. I have a old home with all new supply piping including a 1/2 recirc line. Water heater is an instant hot Takagi TKD-20 that requires 3/4 Gallons per minute...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks