Search results

1. rgwb

How to use a closet auger on a plugged toilet

I don't blame the Drain Guy for not finding the toothbrush - I understand how easy it would be for an auger to miss it - but he *insisted* that there was NO WAY anything could get by his super-duper, almighty auger, and that therefore the problem must either be a defective toilet or a defective...
  2. rgwb

Um, NO. I'm picturing something like this: 9-year-old boy goes into bathroom after being told 5 times to brush his teeth before bed. Picks up the toothbrush, then proceeds to make funny faces in the mirror for 2 minutes. Realizes he is holding something in his hand, and starts pretending he is...
  3. rgwb

I am mulling over the various options of what the Consequences will be for my son (and yes, I'm 99% sure he flushed it on purpose, probably because he was too squeamish to reach in and get it after he accidentally dropped it in). And believe me, telling him he had to keep using it was one of the...
  4. rgwb

Eureka! Using the advice and encouragement from you folks, I tackled it again with great gusto this morning, and Voila! http://www.flickr.com/photos/73142370@N00/2214827654/ A certain 9-year-old boy who owned a certain blue toothbrush is going to have some explaining to do when he gets home...
  5. rgwb

Funny, I used a piece of corrugated hose (from a wet shop vac) last night because I don't own a snake. It would have worked great except the end was too long to make it around the curves into the trap. So then I switched to a stiff bungee cord, and I was able to get it through the trap with some...
  6. rgwb

ARGH. I pulled the toilet and no obstruction was visible. Are you suggesting that I try using a snake by going in from underneath the toilet? And also snaking the line while the toilet is off? What is the "proper snake" to use? I didn't sign up for this and I don't know what the h*** I'm...
  7. rgwb

ROFL - I'll suggest that to my husband tonight and see what he says. :D I just read your thread on the toilet auger and that's the same one Mr. Drain Guy used. But I guess even a large one like that could miss an obstruction? My son got a kick out of the GI Joe picture - he said it looked...
  8. rgwb

Curses, I was afraid that might be the answer. Guess I've got that to look forward to tonight. This problem happened right after we had two little girls over to play, but I was hoping that was just a coincidence. By the way, Mr. Drain Guy suggested that the problem was the hole in the Toto...
  9. rgwb

3-month old Toto Drake gets clogged, GI Joe We did a bathroom remodel 3 months ago in our 104-year-old house and installed a Toto Drake in the spot where the old toilet had been (i.e. no new plumbing). It worked great until last week, when it started getting clogged anytime solid waste or TP...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks