Search results

1. tajco200

winter camp question...again

Hi everyone. I was on here back in february and posted a question about how to deal with my ski-camp in the cold Maine winters. I'm going to start building very soon so now it's time to get down to the details. I got a lot of really good advice from you all and there were some very good...
  2. tajco200

Winter Camp Water System

Thanks guys. Your ideas/perspectives are very helpful.
  3. tajco200

Winter Camp Water System

Bob NH, Thanks, you really have some good insight about this. I'm still not convinced that a bladderless tank would not be the better choice however. Remember, I would be using this camp almost every weekend during the ski season. My situation is different than the normal camp use when people...
  4. tajco200

Winter Camp Water System

Perhaps I meant heat-cable. Most of the units people use in this neck of the woods incorporate a small control panel that is plugged in. It regulates the temp. and so forth. If the power goes out you're up the creek.
  5. tajco200

Winter Camp Water System

Some interesting ideas - I appreciate all of them. My main concern at this point is how to deal with the pressure tank. It seems there are some easy ways to set up my supply line so it drains, but I worry about the pressure tank being somewhere where it will go way below freezing. Obviously I...
  6. tajco200

Winter Camp Water System

Thanks so much for the advice. I need to further evaluate my site before I decide what system to use, but I will definitely keep your ideas in mind. Do you have any diagrams of how set up these systems?
  7. tajco200

Winter Camp Water System

Very interesting. Let me see if I undersand this. The pressure tank/pitless adapter/controls are all located inside the well, below frostline protecting the system from the cold and avoiding having to drain the system? I think I have to go about 5 feet down up here - it's friggin' COLD in maine...
  8. tajco200

Winter Camp Water System

Up here in Maine we call cottages "camps". As in "This weekend we're goin' uptah camp!" I recently purchased a building lot in ski country and plan to build a very simple 16' x 24' camp. We will be using the place on weekends in the winter. I want to design a simple water supply from a drilled...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks