Search results

1. Arky217

Toto Drake, what a joke !

Update on my Toto Drake. There's obviously a lot of people well satisfied with the Toto Drake toilet. I really didn't mean to trash Toto as a brand; what I should have said was that the Toto that I bought was flawed. But my frustation level was fairly high when I posted; I just expected...
  2. Arky217

Well, how well the toilet would have flushed if I had installed it, I can't say. But what I did say is 100% true. The toilet wobbles 1/4" exactly, I carefully measured the amount on several areas of a flat floor. The toilet does have a crack that goes 1/3 the way aroung the end of the...
  3. Arky217

I researched toilets for quite a while, using this site and others and from that research, concluded that the Toto Drake toilet was the one I wanted. So yesterday, I went to a Toto dealer and purchased a Toto Drake toilet. Today, I unpacked the toilet to install it. WOW, UNBELIEVEABLE ...
  4. Arky217

Septic Tank Tee's

Ok, I'm starting to get the picture. With the liquid level being at the bottom of the outlet hole, that makes the liquid level 39.5" from the floor of my tank. Both of the tee's that came with the tank extend 18" from the bottom of the hole and 1.5" from the top of the hole. So, that...
  5. Arky217

Septic Tank Tee's

Assuming the liquid level means the bottom of the 4" inlet, the distance from it to the ceiling on my tank is 7", so since 7" is less than 9", does that mean that this tank is made wrong ? Arky
  6. Arky217

Septic Tank Tee's

Four questions on septic tank tees. My newly installed concrete septic tank is 56" tall overall; it does not have any interior walls or baffles. The top and bottom are 4" thick. The inside height from floor to ceiling is 48". The bottom of the 4" inlet hole is 41" from the floor. The...
  7. Arky217

Dole flow control valves

Regarding pump protection with a low pressure cutoff switch, as to the other end of the spectrum, have you ever occasioned the contacts of a pressure switch to 'weld' shut after a duration of continuous arcing ? If that were to happen, I imagine that the pump would continue to run, pumping...
  8. Arky217

Dole flow control valves

Ok, I think it's becoming a little clearer to me. The main reason I was considering the Dole flow control valve was that if I ever needed a continuous water flow (such as trying to put out a grass fire for example), that it would prevent me from pumping the well dry. But I forgot that in...
  9. Arky217

Dole flow control valves

The driller that drilled my well said the output was approximately 5 gpm. ( Well is 115' in a 6" casing, static level at 57') I'm planning to put in a Dole flow control valve before the pressure tank tee to prevent the pump from pumping more flow than the well's rated output. My water...
  10. Arky217

Generators and well pumps

One last question: If the flow of the pump that you tested was limited to 5 gpm with a Dole flow control valve, what is your guess as to what the amp draw would be ? Sorry, one more question. The Goulds 2 wire Centripro motor (unlike the Franklin motor) has a combination start/run capacitor...
  11. Arky217

Thanks again for all the replies. I've narrowed my choice of pumps down to 2 choices. Sorry for the long post, but I thought if I give all of my well specs., that someone might point me to the right choice. My well is 6†diameter and 115' deep; it's rated output is 5gpm. It was...
  12. Arky217

DonL, Are you saying that the motor is not developing the full 1/2 hp at the 9.8 amps ? From the Goulds Electrical Data, the FLA of that motor is 7.9 Does that mean that running the pump from the generator will be detrimental to the motor ? Also, about overload protection for the...
  13. Arky217

Thanks VAWellDriller for the quick reply ! To Valveman, On your quote above, what you said seems logical, but could you explain how that ties in to the data on the following 2 pumps ? Pump #1, Goulds 2 wire, model# 5GS05421C, 1/2 hp, 115v. The electrical data shows full load amps 7.9...
  14. Arky217

VAWellDriller, thank you very much. On the pump that you tested, was it a 2 wire or 3 wire pump ? Also, did you happen to have an ampmeter on it; if so, what was the approximate surge current and running current ? Again, thank you very much, Arky
  15. Arky217

Wow, I didn't expect so many replies so quickly; thank you all. To DonL, "You should not use a Inverter Gen that small for that type of Motor." IF the generator starts the pump and the running amperage doesn't exceed the generator's continuous amp rating, I guess I would have to...
  16. Arky217

I have a Honda eu2000i generator. It is rated 2000 watts surge/1600 watts continuous or 16.6 amps surge/13.3 amps continuous. I have started and run a number of electric motors with it; motors that would seem to be too much of a load for it. For example: It starts and runs a 15 amp (FLA)...
  17. Arky217

Generator size for submersible pump

Update on Grundfos pumps "Their 2 wire, 5gpm, 115v model#5SQ05-180-115v shows to have a FLA rating of 7.7 amps and an overload rating of 11 amps." Just got off the phone with Grundfos technical support. They confirmed that the starting current for this model pump is indeed 11 amps. And...
  18. Arky217

Yes, I would much, much rather spend even $300 on a better pump if I can run it with my Honda EU2000i, 120 volt generator than to spend the $300 on a cheap junkie 240 volt generator. There must be something about the Grundfos pump motors that allow them to start on a much lower surge current...
  19. Arky217

You make a very interesting point. For some reason, I was thinking that I had to buy the wire locally (don't know why I didn't check online, brain lapse I guess) and the largest available submersible pump wire locally is 12 ga. And according to the Goulds specs for their 1/2 hp, 115 v, 2...
  20. Arky217

Protecting submersible pump from lightning transients

My well has a pvc casing, the pump will be a 2 wire. Typically, the ground wire from the pump would be connected to the grounding bar in the service panel. Well, my service panel ground runs to a 8' driven ground rod about 6' feet away from the house, however, since the location is on a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks