Search results

1. injen

Drain Tile

Sounds like I wont waste my time with the gravel then. I am going to dig a ditch for the drain water to drain into after exiting the pipe as the end of the pipe will be still lower then ground level.
  2. injen

Drain Tile

So basically the gravel under the pipe doesnt really do too much in this case. Heat tape is not an option, as it is too far from the house. IF the pipe is at the right angle no water should lay in it anyways. I just dont want the frost to heave the pipe up again so it lays level and water can...
  3. injen

Drain Tile

This winter my draiage pipe for drain tile froze up at the end ... about 10 feet in. This is about 100 feet or so from my house. I dug it all up and im going to slope the pipe more so that water will not it in it. Due to the build of my lot I cannot go much deeper and the last 5-7 feet of the...
  4. injen

Sediment in Well water

I hope so ....... water still has what I call a slight "camp smell" with a slight ting. maybe just needs a bottle of javex when im done running the water.
  5. injen

Sediment in Well water

I am located in Nova Scotia. The sediment is sand I suppose, i will have to see if it crumbles between my fingers thou when I change my filter. My well casing is in 62 feet of sandstone, there is no bedrock in this area.Perhaps that is why? I had a guy from the local renew water (store) test...
  6. injen

Sediment in Well water

I pretty much got clear water now after letting the water run all weekend. I think I may have some tannings in my water thou, no sediement anymore, well none that will pass my filter.
  7. injen

Sediment in Well water

After calling around and doing more research I was told to run my water a gallon a min everyday this week and see how it looks by the end of the week .......... so I guess I will keep trying that.
  8. injen

Sediment in Well water

After gettin home from work today, I ran the water again for an hour or so, and the water quality has greatly improved, still not what Id like, but much better. The color is much better, and there seems to be less rust or sediment. The smell is even less. Perhaps tommrow I will run it again...
  9. injen

Sediment in Well water

(morning after) The debris is slowly going away, not all yet as I only ran the water for an hour or so, as it was gettin late. The water has a slight tinge to it and a slight odour. When I get home from work later I will run it some more and hopefully gets better. The filter seems to be going...
  10. injen

Sediment in Well water

I just took a closer look at the sediment ..... it kinda looks like rust ..... could be what got knocked of the well casing from the removal of the pump and from placeing it down the casing again .... I am assuming
  11. injen

Sediment in Well water

Ive been running my water for about 35 mins now, and the water is still a little brown, but the sediment is now like little black sediment, not the brown grains like before ......... does this tell me anything?
  12. injen

Sediment in Well water

My wife and I have recently baught the house we are living in , in the summer. The well was dug in the summer of 2005. Our water is usually a lil sandy, but not bad with the filter we have on the main water line. Just last week our water went really sandy, with a lot of sediment that the filter...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks