Search results

1. L

Caulk on sterling surround?

Thanks for the reply. One of the reasons I was thinking about it was the gaps between the tub and the surround. They recommend a gap of 1/32" and there are a couple of places where my gap is slightly more than this (less than 1/16"). Any thoughts on how crucial this gap is? Since the room...
  2. L

Caulk on sterling surround?

Hi, I recently remodelled a bathroom and installed a Sterling Ensemble tub with 3 piece surround. The surround is one where they recommend not caulking the seams. The only place they recommend caulk is on top and next to the drywall where the tub and surround connect. I've followed all...
  3. L

underlayment under new tub

How crucial is it that the screws don't penetrate through the bottom of the subfloor. If I buy 1" screws, it should pass right to the bottom of the subfloor (with 5/8" subfloor and 3/8" on top). It seems to me that the next size down from 1" would be rather short and wouldn't grab very well in...
  4. L

The floor joists are 16" on center. Something I could do is add 3/8" over the whole floor and then add the 1/4" underlayment on the portion of the floor to be covered with vinyl. This should add some structural support. Is there any problem with having 2 added layers of plywood? The...
  5. L

Hi, I'm in the midst of a bathroom remodel. We're planning on installing a vinyl floor under 1/4" underlayment. The question I have is should I run the underlayment under the new tub for extra support. The subfloor is 5/8" plywood and appears sound under the tub - is this sufficient...
  6. L

Slow leak beneath toilet

Hi, I've never seen the level drop. The amount of water is not very much - probably talking a few drops a day. After about 3 days there's a tiny puddle that can be easily wiped up with a single piece of paper towel. Thanks for the reply, Mark
  7. L

Slow leak beneath toilet

Hi, I've got a slow leak around the wax seal in my toilet. I tried replacing the seal but the leak persists. One of the things I noticed is that the leak happens regardless of whether we flush the toilet or not. Does this suggest a cracked bowl? As another piece of information, the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks