Search results

1. 7echo

New softener

I am replacing my 80 gallon tank water heater with a tankless model. The tankless will mount on an exterior wall leaving room to add a softener where the tank was located. We have 3 people in this 1200 sq foot home. 2 bathrooms. It will be on the hot side only. Any recommendations on...
  2. 7echo

compact softner?

Are there any softeners that are small and can be installed at the point of use? I don't think we have room to install a full sized system. I have new counter tops in the kitchen and the water drops are leaving mineral deposits. Thanks for comments!
  3. 7echo

water in avc line

There is water in the line between the AVC and the pump. Can someone help me with why this is happening and what to do to stop the problem? Thanks!
  4. 7echo

toto one piece options

Finally got the bathroom remodel ready for a toilet. I originally wanted a Guinevere but the cost has put me off on that one. What other Toto's would you all recommend that are one pc? Skirted and sana-gloss would be nice to make it easier to clean, but the requirements currently are one piece...
  5. 7echo

closet flange

It is about 1 1/8" from tile deck to top of pipe, and 1 5/8" from tile deck to the slab right around the pipe. This is the result of a bad remodel 15 years ago. I want to fill in the area so that it supports the flange properly and adds material for the flange bolts to anchor. What should I use...
  6. 7echo

insulation

I am remodeling a bathroom and will have an acrylic tub. Is it OK to foam(low expansion) the voids in the wall areas of the tub? It will be set on a mortar bed, with poly between the tub and mortar. I am thinking it would be good to insulate the tub wall cavity. I am talking specifically about...
  7. 7echo

tub options

I have posted asking about tubs a while back, but have some more questions. Getting ready to start the bathroom remodel. I have been looking at tub options. I can fit a 60" x 32", and want a deep tub. I was kinda set on acrylic, but am not sure. I currently have an americast that has worked...
  8. 7echo

Toilet options

If you all had to choose something other than a Toto toilet what would it be?
  9. 7echo

tub help

I am remodeling and am ready to order a tub. I would appreciate it if you all helped me spend my money : ) I want recommendations on a 32" x 60" tub. It will get used for showers and baths almost daily. We would prefer something at least 14 1/2", or deeper, to overflow, with deeper being...
  10. 7echo

tub/shower surround

I was looking at solid surface for a surround(5' x 32" tub, surround approx 5' high) and the only one I see so far is Swanstone. Are there other options in solid surface? I might consider tile, but I want to get away from the grout lines and I think the solid surface would be easier to clean...
  11. 7echo

water heater options

Going to do a remodel and will replace the water heater. I searched and see a lot of positive comments about Bradford White. The Marathon is heavily pushed by the electric company, and they seem like a really good, but expensive, heater. I searched and didn't find many comments on the Marathon...
  12. 7echo

Toilet options

I am going to remodel the bathroom. Looking at toilets I like the skirted style for ease of cleaning, wife likes the look of older things so we decided on the Guinevere. Went to the supply house and quote was $675. Ouch, a little higher than I expected. Can you all recommend some options that...
  13. 7echo

ceiling insulation

I have no attic. There is a 6.5 inch air space from the inside of the ceiling drywall to the underside of the roof decking. There is no insulation, just some foil stapled to the ceiling drywall. 1957 low slope. I will have some access to most of the space during a remodel. If I blow...
  14. 7echo

tub to toilet dimension

I have about 11" from the edge of the bowl to the edge of the tub. As part of a remodel I want a wider and deeper tub. The tub we like will end up about 6" from the bowl. Too close? If so, why? Thanks
  15. 7echo

dryer vent

I have been reading a lot of threads, just generally interested in this stuff and planning some remodel work shortly. I did a little searching on the issue, but can't find very many comments. Question concerning dryer venting- Is it OK to use cpvc for electric dryer venting? I have asked...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks