Search results

1. lanthoma

Connecting to a soil stack

1. Can a toilet sit at the top of a soil stack (no bends between the flange and the stack)? It seems like this would be OK, but I never see it done this way. 2. When tying a drain from a tub or sink into the soil stack, is it OK to use a wye instead of a san-T? In another post...
  2. lanthoma

Venting a toilet next to bearing beams

I'm remodeling a bathroom where none of the current plumbing is vented. The problem is that the 2x4 wall behind the toilet sits on a load bearing beam (picture attached). From below the subfloor, I can't get a vent pipe into this wall without cutting and probably compromising the beam. I...
  3. lanthoma

Connect second floor shower drain into first floor kitchen drain

I'm remodeling a second floor half bath into a full bath. The new shower and lav are vented through the roof and the drain runs inside the wall of the first floor to the basement. I would like to connect this drain to the drain line from the kitchen sink, which is vented through the roof and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks