Search results

1. lanthoma

Connecting to a soil stack

Thanks for the drawings, JC. I'm trying to avoid running a vent behind the toilet due to some joists that are in the way. This forces me to wet vent the toilet through the lav... I do like the idea of offsetting the stack. To avoid the super flush problems that HJ and Peter were talking...
  2. lanthoma

I thought it seemed a little odd to have the toilet like that. I can put in a 90 and sanT - it just means I have to break some concrete to move the stack over a bit. Right now the toilet is directly above the soil stack. Does the toilet tie-in go below the lav drain and above the tub drain...
  3. lanthoma

Thanks guys... I've included some pictures to clarify what I was trying to say. It's a main floor bathroom remodel (second picture) and I'm keeping all the fixtures in the same location, just replacing cast iron with PVC and adding vents (nothing was vented before). I'm trying to vent the...
  4. lanthoma

1. Can a toilet sit at the top of a soil stack (no bends between the flange and the stack)? It seems like this would be OK, but I never see it done this way. 2. When tying a drain from a tub or sink into the soil stack, is it OK to use a wye instead of a san-T? In another post...
  5. lanthoma

Venting a toilet next to bearing beams

I guess that's what I'll do then. I always thought pipes coming up through the floor rather than the wall looked amateurish, but I guess it's the thing to do in some situations.
  6. lanthoma

The walls of my bathroom sit directly above beams on two sides, rim joists on the exterior wall, and a double joist on the interior (pic attached). So to get a vent pipe into any wall (or the lav drain down) would require moving joists or cutting into beams. What about running a vent pipe...
  7. lanthoma

I'm in Nashville, TN. So I guess there isn't a magical fitting for this problem.
  8. lanthoma

I'm remodeling a bathroom where none of the current plumbing is vented. The problem is that the 2x4 wall behind the toilet sits on a load bearing beam (picture attached). From below the subfloor, I can't get a vent pipe into this wall without cutting and probably compromising the beam. I...
  9. lanthoma

Connect second floor shower drain into first floor kitchen drain

I'm remodeling a second floor half bath into a full bath. The new shower and lav are vented through the roof and the drain runs inside the wall of the first floor to the basement. I would like to connect this drain to the drain line from the kitchen sink, which is vented through the roof and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks