Search results

1. ladder

Replace gas with electric

I have a Whirlpool that's going on 12 years old and if I don't clean the screen every 3-4 months the pilot light will go out. I use a refridgerator brush and a mirror to clean the screen underneath it. Takes 5 minutes, but if you forget, you always run out of hot water when in the shower...
  2. ladder

Replace gas with electric

Since the gas water heaters have problems, has anybody replaced it with a electric water heater. If so, how much was it for the changeover?... I know very little about electricity but I would imagine you would have to have a extra 30 amp circuit to connect to.
  3. ladder

head scratcher

I turned on the washing machine today and watched the water flow come out good in the beginning and then slow to probably half of what it was in the beginning. While the washing machine was filling, I put a pressure gauge on the outside faucet ( which is right outside the wall of the washing...
  4. ladder

head scratcher

Your right, at least for this summer and fall. The way I fill the washing machine now is turn on the cold water first to fill about half way and then the hot water the rest of the way. That way the washer is usually about full when the water heater kicks on and I won't hear the explosions...
  5. ladder

head scratcher

When the water heater kicks on (gas), after a couple of minutes it will bubble inside and then make a series of " explosions" inside. I've found by opening a hot water faucet it will I guess relieve the pressure and it quits for a while. I really don't know what is exactly going on...
  6. ladder

head scratcher

Can anybody tell me a good prv to get..... Is that the normal life span, 5 years? Could this be a diy job? The prv is in a hole about 1' square and about a foot deep.... Paid a plumber $200 5 years ago to replace the other one.
  7. ladder

head scratcher

You guys are quick!..... It's happening on both hot and cold.... I've got one of those Whirlpool flamelock's that's 5 yrs. old.:( It's always blowing up inside of it so I wonder if the inner glass shell is busted and could be the problem.?...... Not sure how to go about checking the...
  8. ladder

head scratcher

We moved into a house about 5 years ago and the water pressure was 110 lbs. So I put a reducing valve on and set it at 55 lbs. ( on city water ) Everything has been fine except for the last week we have had low water pressure. When you turn on the water anywhere you have good pressure to start...
  9. ladder

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

cleaning the screen I've seen people talk about keeping the " lint screen " clean and was wondering if everybody agrees, that if a person kept it clean every 3 months, ( like Whirlpool asks ) that would take care of the problem... I myself think it would be ludicrous for Whirlpool to expect the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks