Search results

1. MikeG

Second Floor Laundry Room Help

I need some help with planning the drain lines for an upcoming project to move our first floor level laundry room to the second floor. The new laundry room will be located adjacent to a bathroom so my plan was to tie into the supply and drain lines along that wall. I have some diagrams...
  2. MikeG

Water Heater Question

I have a 3 year old WH that has a white crust on the hot side at the male/female coupling between the copper pipe and the brass fitting going into the WH. When the plumbers installed the WH they specifically said that they were using a brass fitting so that there would not be a metalergic...
  3. MikeG

Sump Pump Issue Part 2

I finally got the right sized battery for my Zoeller 507 backup system. The pump is runing fine. However, now I see where the real problem is. The plumber installed the check valve in the wrong place :mad: . I have attached a diagram of what I have including where I need to add the new...
  4. MikeG

Zoeller Basement Sentry Issues

I have a Zoeller Basement Sentry 507 installed as my backup sump pump. On Monday I replaced the deep cycle battery with a new Interstate deep cycle SRM27 battery and let it charge overnight. Based on a test of the charge it looks fully charged. Last night (Tuesday) I tested the pump by...
  5. MikeG

Soldering around existing fittings

Hey guys! Well when it comes to soldering around existing fittings on supply lines I'm a CHICKEN! :D I'm working on installing an expansion tank. I have everything set. All that is left is to add the T into the cold water supply going into the water heater. Here's the problem...
  6. MikeG

Kohler Shower Head - K-8506

Does anyone have any experiance with the Kohler K-8506 shower head? We have a Hans Groehe Clubmaster. It's a nice shower head but the pressure is low. My wife wants something with more pressure. I've already removed the flow restricted on the Clubmaster. Thanks, Mike
  7. MikeG

PRV Pressure

Hey guys! :) I'm about to install the thermal expansion tank (Watts DET-12-M1) this weekend. Last week my plumber replaced the 20 year old PRV. The pressure on the lines before we replaced it was about 75 - 80 psi :eek: With the new PRV the pressure is around 50 -55 psi. I'd like to...
  8. MikeG

Expansion tank install

Hey guys! I had my plumber come on Friday to look at my T&P valve issue. He did a review of the system and found that the PRV was starting to go bad. It resgistered 80 PSI and was fluctuating. So he replaced the PRV and the main shutoff valve, a 20 year old gate valve. He also replaced the...
  9. MikeG

Water Heater Woes....

Happy New Year to Everyone! :) Well this past week I was in the basement and noticed that my 9 month old Rheem 80 gal. water heater was leaking at the base. I can't find the source of the leak but there is a small puddle of water on the concrete floor. The water heater is not on feet or...
  10. MikeG

Valve Noise

Hey guys a quick question again. I finally finished the bathroom remodel! :) The other night I was in the adjacent room to the shower and while my wife was taking a shower i heard a rattling sound coming from the main valve. We are using a Kohler Rite-Temp Pressure Valve and a Kohler 3-way...
  11. MikeG

Plumbing Final Inspection

I'm getting ready to schedule a final inspection for my bathroom remodel (only a year to complete! :o ). One thing that I have not not finished is the panel for the tub front. Is this required for the final inspection? Would putting in a temporary panel pass? Thanks, Mike
  12. MikeG

Leaking compression fitting

Today I installed two compression fittings. One is leaking a little. A drop every minute or so. I think I tightened it a little too much. I was going to remove the valve and wrap a little teflon on the compression ring and put thread sealer on. Should I instead replace the compression...
  13. MikeG

When to use more than one wax ring?

I've been reading some of the posts on setting toilets and noticed that sometimes you guys use 2 rings. I'm about to set a Kohler Gabriele one piece toilet. The flange is sitting about 1/8" above the finished floor. When I dry fit the toilet it seems to be fitting ok. So how do I know when...
  14. MikeG

Teflon on supply lines

I'm installing a Jado faucet in our bathroom. It has a separate spout and valves. The valves and spout are connected with braided lines and the male ends on the valves and spout are flat. There is a fiber or rubber washer in the supply lines. Should I wrap the threads with teflon tape or use...
  15. MikeG

Cutting a brass nipple

Well I'm almost done with my bathroom remodel (10 months later :( ) and I have one problem with a separate handheld supply line in the shower. We are installing a separate shower head and handheld. Everything is tiled and when I set the ell for the handheld I based it on the overall thickness...
  16. MikeG

High Density Foam for Tub Installation

I have decided to use a pro to install our whirlpool tub in our bathroom remodel. This morning I did a walkthrough with the plumber of the installation. It is a Kohler whirlpool tub (6' Miraposa drop-in). He said that he usually uses high density foam under the tub rather than mortar. He...
  17. MikeG

Tub Installation Questions

I'm getting ready to install a Kohler drop in whirlpool tub (6' Miraposa) and had some questions. 1. Kohler calls for either using a 2" mortar base, construction adhesive, or silicone caulk around the rim. I'm thinking either the mortar base or construction adhesive is the way to go. What...
  18. MikeG

VERY Novice Questions

I'm doing a bathroom remodel and replacing builder's the tub with a Kohler whirlpool tub. I have roughed in the plumbing to the p-trap. In a couple of weeks I'll be ready to set the tub in place. However, the overflow and drain fittings that I have (Kohler K-7166-AF ) looks like it needs a...
  19. MikeG

Shower Pipe Installation

I guess I have found a great forum for plumbing advice, so I'll post one more question. :) I'm remodeling our masterbath and the shower stall has the Kohler main hot/cold valve along with a 3 way trasfer valve. We will have a regular shower head and a separate handheld. The set back of...
  20. MikeG

Installing Durock for Shower Wall

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and it seems there is a wealth of great information here. I'm currently working on a masterbath remodel and I'm ready to install the cement backer (Durock) for the shower walls. It is a corner shower. The interior wall will be insulated with r-11 unfaced...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks