Search results

1. Mikept

Pipes banging at night for hours

At first I thought my neighbor had an exercise machine against the wall but the banging was lasting for many hours in the middle of the night and then noticed I can feel the kicking in the hot shut off valve handle every 3/4 of a second in the basement. Turning off either hot or cold valve makes...
  2. Mikept

Basement sink vent

I'm finally going to fix that abs washer standpipe in the basement at my parents house. Its in a cleanout, 1.5" and on the wrong side of stack. I know to clamp cast iron before snapping and I want to fix with pvc . I`m also planning for a utility sink in the future and not sure the best way to...
  3. Mikept

Leaky diverter valve reccesed 3"

I have a three seperate handle shower. The middle valve, the diverter isnt completely diverting to the shower so alot of water comes out of the tub at the same time. I removed the philips screw and pulled the handle off which was stuck on pretty good. The stem slightly protrudes out a silver...
  4. Mikept

redoing dryer 220

While im messing with the panel i might as well redo my 220 dryer line. A long time ago a my parents had a friend install one for them. He used alot of used parts. Rather than use the last two knockouts and buy the right breaker he cut a hole in the sheetrock obove the panel and ran a little...
  5. Mikept

240 to 120 outlet conversion

240 to 120 outlet conversion and other stuff I need to convert a 240v outlet on the side of my air conditioner slot to 120v. Its a 6-15r wired with 12-2 w/ground to a 20A double pole breaker. I cant have the 120v aircondtioner blowing on me as i run on the treadmill while watching the tv and...
  6. Mikept

siphoning

When a drain is designed improperly and one fixture siphons the water out of another fixtures trap, when does the siphoning happen? While the drain water is quickly flowing past the pipe or immediately following it?
  7. Mikept

1/4 dual shutoff vs 3way stop

What is better the dual shutoff 1/4 turn angle stops with two small levers like on the brasscraft website or the 1/4 turns 3 way single lever angle stops like on the watts website? Which type will last longer or give higher flow? Is there much a a difference in use or is it just a style...
  8. Mikept

Lines Twisted and incredibly slow Drip

I replaced my 2 washing machine valves with a single type one. The vertical pipe the hot valve was on was never secured to or touched the wall so it used to bounce around when the machine shut off or on. I secured the bottom of the pipe above the valve to the wall the but i had to bend/twist...
  9. Mikept

rotary hammer newb

Its my first time using a rotary hammer. I need to drill holes in cinder block and also concrete so i bought a $45 1" sds rotary hammer drill kit off of (the big auction site). It looks like the harbor freight one but is blue instead of orange. I tried drilling the cinderblock first. It...
  10. Mikept

Overflow gasket problem

I found water pouring from the downstairs bathroom exhaust fan grille straight down into the lav last night when my father took a bath in the bathroom above. I subsequently unscrewed the drain overflow plate (lever one) and sure enough the overflow gasket is hard and full of cracks and messy...
  11. Mikept

Bacterial drain clogger

I poured some roebic k67 bacterial drain cleaner in my upstairs and downstairs lavs. They were draining on the slowish side, definitly not clogged. 14 hours later my mother wakes up and uses the upstairs lav and the sink is totally clogged. she pulls a bit of hair out of the trap with a zip-it...
  12. Mikept

Faucet for utility/paint sink

paint/utility sink setup picking out faucets for my utility sink. I'm going to be cleaning alot of paint stuff in there.What brands and types should i get? I was thinking about adding a second faucet with a hose bib on it off to the side that would have my roller washer attached to most of...
  13. Mikept

Wide sink

I cant find a very wide single basin utility sink(wider than 24"). Do know where i can find one? I have roller pans that are 24" long so i need a sink with exterior dimensions that are definitely longer than that. 33"-40" would fit for me. I dont need really need stainless steel or want to spend...
  14. Mikept

90 psi?

I bought a watts 200psi dial pressure gauge from home depot and hooked it up to my basement washing machine hookup. The gauge also has what i think is called a lazy hand. Well! 90PSI on the cold!, i few less on the hot. Should i worry ? Do i have to call and make a stink about this??? The...
  15. Mikept

riser clamps

How do you support a cast iron stack you want to cut into when the lead/oakum hub is 6" below the celing joists? All the pictures ive seen have wood blocks screwed to the joist sides and the riser clamp sits on top, but they never a hub below that point in the picture.
  16. Mikept

utility sink drain

Hello I'm installing a utility sink in my basement. The plumbing in my apartment is fairly simple i think. The kitchen and downstairs bathroom share a wall and the upstairs bathroom is right above that one. In my basement directly below there is a cast iron drain pipe that goes from the ceiling...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks