Search results

1. Tenderpaw

Culligan Softener Installed by Previous Owner- Not familiar with and need manuals

My son just bought a house that was built in 2018 and their is a culligan softener in the garage. The salt tank was almost empty, so i put a bag in so it wouldn't run out, but no manuals were left for the machine. In addition, the sticker on the softener has a date of 2005 (?) on it? How can...
  2. Tenderpaw

Moving from R22 to R410--Flush Lines?

I'm having a whole system change out and my old system is R22 and the new one is R410. They are reusing the refridgerant lines as they are built into the wall of the house and i'm getting conflicting stories on the need to flush. One contractor made a big deal about their 3 step flushing...
  3. Tenderpaw

Overhauled Delta 600 Shower Valve and Still Leaks

I have a shower with a Delta 600 series valve that was installed when the house was built in 1999. This is the one that has a big chrome nut that screws on and hold the ball and seals in. It has been leaking at the valve stem for a while so after reading some threads here and having a plumber...
  4. Tenderpaw

New Thermostat Short Cycling A/C

I have a Bryant single stage heat pump with electric back up heat installed when my house was built in 1999. My thermostat from the beginning was a Honeywell Chronotherm programable that my wife has always hated because she is to short to read it. Last weekend i installed a Lennox CS 7500...
  5. Tenderpaw

Toto Vespa Water Area Has Turned Yellow

The water area of my Toto Vespa with CEFIONTECT has turned light yellow. I have scrubbed it with Clorox toilet bowl cleaner several times and it will not clean up. Any suggestions that won't damage the CEFIONTECT? What could cause this? Thanks, Dave
  6. Tenderpaw

Single Lever Shower Valve Ultra sensitive and difficult to adjust temperature

My dad had the shower re-done and they replaced the single lever water valve with a B&K single lever valve. Now it is very difficult to get the water temp right. Move it slightly one way and its too HOT and the slightly the other way and its too COLD. What can we do to fix besides replacing...
  7. Tenderpaw

Slow Sink Drain

I've got dual sinks in my master bath. One of them drains fine but the other has gotten slower and slower over the 10 years i have been in the house. I took apart and cleaned the traps on both sinks and then re-assembled. On the problem sink, it was even slower than before after i cleaned it...
  8. Tenderpaw

Recommend an Electric Water Heater

My dad needs to replace his electric water heater. He currently has a Sears 6 year model that is about 12 years old. He is leaning toward a GE because I currently have a GE in my house that is about 5 years old in my house and it has been trouble free. I previously had a Sears Survivor unit...
  9. Tenderpaw

Recommend a Kitchen Drain and Strainer

Hi, I need to replace the drains and strainers in my stainless kitchen sink and need a recommendation from the experts. I'd like something where the strainer/stopper works reliably and is easy to clean. I saw a Kohler drain and strainer at the orange big box store that had an o-ring seal on...
  10. Tenderpaw

Odd G-Max Fill Valve behavior

My power was just restored after a week of darkness following Hurricane Ike. Since I'm on a well, i've been flushing my Toto Vespa by pouring a bucket of water into the tank. Now that the well is working again, the toilet flushes normally but there is about a 5 second delay before you hear the...
  11. Tenderpaw

Algae or slime in the water

Hi, I have a 9 year old house with copper pipes and a 550 foot well near Houston. My tank is galvanized and holds 120 gallons (i think). The well has a plastic pipe. I do not have any filters. We have always had a problem with algae growing in the toilet tanks. Actually it hasn't been a...
  12. Tenderpaw

Galvanized Tank Keeps Water Logging

I have a submersible pump with a galvanized tank that keeps getting water logged. If i take the plug out of the top of the tank and drain it, it operates normally for about a week and then starts short cycling again. I can't find any leaks and I am sealing the plug in the top well when...
  13. Tenderpaw

Vespin Installed- Tank Loose and how to clean

Ok, i have solved my flange and rough in problems with a new Vespin installed on Friday. I have a few questions that i hope you experienced guys can help with: 1. The tank seems loose. I told the plumber to tighten it which he did but it will still wobble. How tight can i tighten it...
  14. Tenderpaw

Unifit Flange Difficulties

I picked up a Toto Vespin and a 10 inch unifit this afternoon. I trial fit the unifit and i have issues with my flange. There is an offset flange installed and the flange is not level. It is about 1/2 inch off the floor in the rear and about 1/4 inch off the floor in the front. Thus the unifit...
  15. Tenderpaw

Leaking Toilet too close to wall- need advice

Hi, I have discovered my toilet is leaking at the base. It appears to have been doing this for quite some time as it appears there is water damage on the wall. The toilet is an American Standard Cadet elongated low flow. From looking at it, the tank is jammed against the wall and the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks