Search results

1. pman

tankless water heater...circulator

agree yes ive read the use of a recirculator vs an on demand system nearly voids ur warranty. is that "warm up" time it takes to get hot water from a tankless that much more than tank?
  2. pman

tankless water heater...circulator

hi.. looking for opinions on wether a circulating system is necessary with tankless water system. bathroom would be two floors above heaters...prob 20 feet. and outside walls in nj. tks
  3. pman

tankless water heater

tks found the archives...
  4. pman

tankless water heater

previous threads gary, tks for the advice. i did look for past threads. i dont see any. I have access to only 6 pages of conversations. is there an archive? what are the cons? tks much
  5. pman

tankless water heater

im planning to replace my existing ng water heater with a tankless water heater. if i need to have ample hot water for 2 baths, a shower or two, and then either the washing machine or dish washer,,,whats the best way to organize that? how many tankless heaters would i need? ive been told a...
  6. pman

2 questions

reply 1. live in nj 2. all bath rooms almost directly above water heaters. 2 would be two stories up. and one three stories up (3rd floor)... tks
  7. pman

2 questions

1. im gutting my house. should i use copper or pex tubing for the water lines? pros and cons of both plx 2. im going with tankless water system. would you use motion detectors in various bath rooms to make hot water more readily available? tks much
  8. pman

kitchen faucet pooling

good morning. i have a hansa kitchen faucet. the kind you can pull out and spray etc. its pooling by the base...i cant tell where the waters is coming from? any ideas? is it shot? tks peter
  9. pman

pipes

pipes thumping hi. my water lines are making a thump when some sources are turned off quickly. they make the thump every time the washing machine change cycles. any thoughts on what it is and how to fix. tks much
  10. pman

sewer line issue

trap so what are cons of eliminating the house trap?
  11. pman

sewer line issue

house trap what is a house trap. if it was a vent, wouldnt it of had to be run up side of house and out the roof?
  12. pman

sewer line issue

sewer line its city sewer. there are trees. assuming its still flowing ok. how would i close that entry? right now there is a rag in it..
  13. pman

sewer line issue

my house was built in 1895. in the basement there was an old cast iron elbow coming out of the ground (2 feet) and then turning 90 degrees into the wall. it was cracking, i could see in it. it wasnt wet but did emit some sewage odor/gas. i smashed it with a sledge hammer to find it dry...
  14. pman

gurgling sink

hmmm so since i dont use it often, it could be dry and gurgles as a result? or since it stopes gurgling when i run water down it its a clog? im confused...tks
  15. pman

gurgling sink

reply yes it does get better when u run water down the bar sink. it does not clog up. it drains properly. no studor vent, if im correct in that being a cheater vent -- not directly vented thru roof. tks
  16. pman

gurgling sink

i have two sinks in my kitchen. one the main kitchen sink with disposal and used often. the other is a bar sink and not used often. lately while doing the dishes or running water in kitchen sink the other bar sink is gurgling. wazz up with that? tks pman
  17. pman

pipes in outer wall

im thinking of rerouting pipes from an inside wall (no contact with exterior wall) to an exterior wall to my shower. is there a problem with that? i live in nj where it can well below freezing in winter.
  18. pman

sink issue...floor adjustment

good morning, i plumbed for a pedestal sink prior to learning i need to self level floor. if self leveler adds and inch to the floor do i need to raise the ptrap?/drain or the water valves?? this would not be ideal since the walls are being tiled today. tks peter
  19. pman

subfloor -- toilet

leveling meaning you would shim the concrete board on the floor a bit to level? what do u think about using 1/2 to 3/4 of thinset, setting the cbu in level?
  20. pman

subfloor -- toilet

toilet flange issue tks for responses...how did it get out of whack? the house is 100 years old and yes whole house out of whack...yes carp should have leveled it was his first responsiblity. does the fact the house is un level make a difference when using mud or self leveler? but bottom...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks