Search results

1. ovexi

Loud bang noise in the basement after flushing the toilet

The house is 20 years old. Is it an emergency repair required guys? Is the pipe strong enough? The house is due for sale in a couple of months and I am thinking seriously if I really want to break the wall.
  2. ovexi

prashster, I have no idea how the sewage pipe looks like in the basement. What makes the diagnose even harder is that the basement is finished so I may have to break the wall in order to see what's going on there.
  3. ovexi

I hear only one loud bang right after all the water went down the drain. I suspect it's the drain pipe down in the basement. The noise is happening before the valve closes so it is not likely water hammer. Also the other toilet on the same floor makes the same noise and I noticed some not as...
  4. ovexi

Thank you Mike. I checked the toilet (shut off the valve before flushing) and I still get the bang. Now, I notice the bang on the other toilet on the same floor and also banging noises (not as loud) when the tap water is running on the sink beside the toilet. drain problem maybe? I am planning...
  5. ovexi

After I flush the toilet and the water went down the drain, a few moments later I hear a loud banging noise from the basement. I did some reading and it is suggested that I may have a water hammer. However the water hammer is normally associated with a closing valve which is not the case here...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks