Search results

1. P

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

homeremedy My Whirlpool heater has now gone about 1 1/2 years after putting the third thermocouple in, along with the aluminum foil shield that I posted a picture of on 1/14/09. I know that a professional plumber could not legally do this, but for the average homeowner, it could alleviate alot...
  2. P

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

flamelock I came up with my own solution. If my photo comes up OK, it will show that I wrapped aluminum foil around the thermocouple. This was to reduce the effect of rapid fluctuations of flame and temperature on it. I did this over a year ago and have not had a problem since. This is the...
  3. P

I was wondering- what brought the need for a flame lock? Were there fires from the burner of water heaters, or was it just the fear that something "might" happen, i.e. a liability issue? I've never heard of a fire that started with a water heater, although I havent made it a point to find out...
  4. P

My thermocouple went for the second time on this 3 year old Whirlpool. When I went to put it in a few minutes ago I had the idea of wrapping the fat part of the thermocouple wire with aluminum foil, secured by wire wrapped around it. This would disable the flame arrest feature but should shield...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks