Search results

1. Ron in SC

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

I'm not a professional but I'm not willing to deal with stuff that involves this much trouble. I initially got a Cadet 3 because I thought it was a toliet that functioned pretty good at a lower price than a Toto.
  2. Ron in SC

Hot Water heater sizing question

Is it cheaper as far as electricity goes to use a smaller tank, since it should take less electricity to keep less water hot?
  3. Ron in SC

Tankless water heater: Point of use

, Yes, I need to forget about that I checked and the wire is only 10 gauge.
  4. Ron in SC

The garage is well insulated because it has air conditioning and heat. It would be more trouble than I would want to undertake right not to change to 6 or 8 gauge wiring. I think I could change circuit breaker and up amperage and make it a 120 volt outlet if that would be of help. I did...
  5. Ron in SC

Is there any rule of thumb for distance to the end use when using an end use tankless electric hot water heater? I an considering putting one in my garage. Useage will consist of front loader washing machine, sink, and shower. Shower will rarely be used. Tank would be mounted in a closet...
  6. Ron in SC

Kohler Rialto K-3402-PB toilet

I don't know if your Rialto is the older model that used 3.5 gallons to flush or not but if it is I'd rebuild it. I have a Rialto that I installed in 1988 and I have no complaints. I think it's gotten stopped up less than half a dozen times in 20 years. I did have to rebuild it a few years...
  7. Ron in SC

wanting to add a 100A service to my garage

It might be worthwile to upgrade to 400 amp service. You would have one meter and two 200 amp disconnect boxes one going to the garage and one to the house.
  8. Ron in SC

Tightening tank to bowl: Advice please

I just bought a Toto Drake and installed it with little effort.
  9. Ron in SC

I did try repositioning the tank, I even put a like softsoap on the gasket hoping that would let it seat itself better but had no success. I am not a professional and perhaps a professional could have installed it properly. Edited: I just went ahead and bought a Toto Drake and installed...
  10. Ron in SC

For whatever reason this tank could not be tightened as designed. I was able to tighten it so tight that the tank was on the bowl on only one side. I did tighten it incrementally but with no success. I must have tried tightening it a dozen times before I finally said ok that's enough. I returned...
  11. Ron in SC

So would a Toto Drake be what I need to get. This bathroom is very tiny, only a toliet and a 32" x 32" shower and it's in my detached garage.
  12. Ron in SC

For whatever reason this tank could not be tightened as designed. I was able to tighten it so tight that the tank was on the bowl on only one side. I did tighten it incrementally but with no success. I must have tried tightening it a dozen times before I finally said ok that's enough. I...
  13. Ron in SC

I brought a American Standard Cadet 3. Everything installed except tightening of tank to bowel. Directions say to tighten until tank just rests on bowl. I've tightened a fair amount and fasteners seem pretty tight. Do not want to overtighened and crack something. Gasket is installed between...
  14. Ron in SC

I bought an American Standard Cadet 3 from Lowes. When I got home and unpacked it the toilet seat was missing; I got the one that was supposed to come with everything. I called Lowes and they said to come by and they would give me a seat from another box, which they did. I went to install the...
  15. Ron in SC

Has the Kohler Cimarron gotten better in the last year?

I just return an American Standard Cadet 3 that was finished badly. You could see where the baked on material did not cover the top of the front of the tank with the lid in place. I just need a decent toliet for a small garage bathroom and I'm not looking to get a Toto for this application.
  16. Ron in SC

Inexpensive low end toliet needed

I bought an American Standard Cadet 3 from Lowes. When I got home and unpacked it the toliet seat was missing; I got the one that was supposed to come with everthing. I called Lowes and they said to come by and they would give me a seat from another box, which they did. I went to install...
  17. Ron in SC

Pressure tank required by code

I don't know if mine has a check valve in it but the city did change it out about a month ago. The new one has a transponder/anntenna or something like that on it so they can read it without getting out of car.
  18. Ron in SC

Supply lines for water heater: Braided ones

What is advisabilty for using the stainless steel braided supply line on a hot water tank?
  19. Ron in SC

What would you consider high water pressure?
  20. Ron in SC

Our code requires a pressure tank for a hot water heater, no well involved. Is the pressure tank really necessary or is it only necessary because the code says it is?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks