Search results

1. adamw

Sump pump battery backup?

Is there such a thing as a battery backup for a regular sump pump? In other words, I want to plug my existing A/C pump into a battery backup (or UPS) and then plug the battery back up into the A/C line. I know there are battery backup sump pumps that can be used along side a regular pump...
  2. adamw

Cloest flange question

You were completely right! Piece of wire. Took him 15 seconds. He was here for only 20 minutes tonight, and will be back to install the flange, replace the inlet value and re-install the toilet when I'm done with the floor. He told me on the phone last night, 1 - 1/2 hours total. Sounds on...
  3. adamw

Cloest flange question

Good tip! Thanks. I'll let ya know what the guy uses.
  4. adamw

Cloest flange question

While I probably could do this, first I'd have to buy or rent a reciprocating saw. Then I'd have to get all the right supplies, glue, etc. So, I'm just going to hire a pro to take care of it. Got a guy coming tonight. Thanks for the advice gang!
  5. adamw

Cloest flange question

So cut the drain pipe off where the current elbow meets the straight pipe? Then I'd have the issue that the new elbow/flange will be too close to the wall. I'd have to extend the straight pipe, first, wouldn't I?
  6. adamw

Cloest flange question

I had a leak from my master bath toilet which was causing stains on the ceiling in the room below. It appears that it was coming from where the wax ring is. So I have the toilet out, I had to remove tile and subfloor from around it because the subfloor had rotted out. Now I'm ready to put the...
  7. adamw

Watts Instant Hot Water Recirculating System

The more I'm thinking about it, the more I think I should use my $200 for something else. Maybe save it for a new water heater. Thanks for all the input gang!
  8. adamw

What would be a reason for adding a 2nd or 3rd controller valve? I thought the idea of placing one at the furthest fixture would allow the entire system to have instant hot water.
  9. adamw

I do have to run my water at the shower (furthest from the WH) for about 2-3 minutes for hot water to arrive. (I have not officially timed it yet). I would also like to be able to wash hands at any fixture with warm water. To do that now, takes too long. It is a 2 story colonial with a...
  10. adamw

After reading dozens of reviews, Home Depot and Lowes websites, it seems there are two consistent complaints from people about this product: 1) Cold water isn't cold right away anymore. So now instead of waiting for hot water, you have to wait for cold water. 2) The temp sensor valve they...
  11. adamw

Does anyone have any experience with this particular brand of Hot Water Recirculating System? The install seems simple enough. The comments I've seen on the cold water no longer being cold kinda bugs me. Is this really true if it is installed and operating correctly...
  12. adamw

Repair or replace?

Plastic. And no, I didn't check the anode
  13. adamw

Repair or replace?

Oh, and I did need a big pipe wrench! Well, actually, I used a regular one and put a big regular wrench on the end. :) Anyway, 20 minute, $6 fix. Not bad. Now, I just sit and wait for the bottom to rust out, right?!
  14. adamw

Repair or replace?

Here ya go, folks. Broken dip tube!
  15. adamw

Repair or replace?

Thanks for the comments guys. I have the new dip tube and plan to pull out the old one tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!
  16. adamw

Repair or replace?

It is gas. And yeah, I thought about the anode rod too.
  17. adamw

Repair or replace?

I have a Bradford White WH manufactured January 1999. It has been in service since May 1999. Yesterday morning while showering, I had to start out with the faucet turned further than usual. During my ten minute shower, I had to keep turning it further and further hot to keep it warm enough...
  18. adamw

Water pressure too high after using hot water

I am going to Lowes this morning to get a T&P valve and expansion tank. Thanks for everyone's help!!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks