Search results

1. homerdog

Water Softener Vent Question

Thank you for the replies but now I am more confused on the best options. My main question is if it is properly drained into the pump w/ a trap/staqndpipe is that o.k.? But I now fear that the pump fails at 0200 causing a mess, that's why I was asking how much water a softener actually drains...
  2. homerdog

Thanks for the input. If it's not a good idea to connect to the bar pump what are some other options? Just curious, how much water is typically discharged from a softener? Thanks
  3. homerdog

Hello, Softener is going in finished walk out basement with no floor drain. Builder installed wet bar with pump (that you can see in the pics) and this is where the softener will go. Question is what is the best way to drain the softener? Can it be tied into the vent/drain for the wet bar...
  4. homerdog

Smell From Faucet?

Thanks Terry, you were spot on. It was just the individual plastic (cold) lines going to the faucet that were causing the smell. I disinfected them with a bleach solution and they smell fine now. Why would just a few lines (out of many) smell or is this just the begining of more problems?
  5. homerdog

Smell From Faucet?

Hello, I have a new construction home on well water and septic. When I turn on an upstairs faucet there is a strong rotten egg smell for about 15 seconds and then it goes away. Same thing for the fridge water dispenser, 1st glass of water is fine but the second glass smells. I was told...
  6. homerdog

Shower diverter question

I did open a few faucets last night with no luck. After reading your post I gave it another try and opened several faucets (after turning off the supply) and it released the pressure from the tub. Patrick-Thank you for the quick help.
  7. homerdog

Shower diverter question

My tub has no shower (it is separate) but has a faucet with the ring in the bottom that you pull to divert the water to the shower. While the water was filling the tub up my kid pulled the ring on the tub faucet that diverts the water to the shower. Now it is under pressure and I can't get the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks