Search results

1. Macman

Outdoor carpet adhesive question

Truer words were never spoken. I just talked to my brother. He suggested that it might be possible to sand the sealer off and rough up the surface with a rotary sander with a course disc. We also discussed how maybe DAP and Henry were taking the safe way out by not saying that it might work...
  2. Macman

Thanks HJ. I just ran into a snag. This past Saturday the concrete was sealed with a clear liquid solvent based sealer. Today while we were shopping carpet the salesperson informed me that we might have an issue with the adhesive not being able to stick to the sealed concrete. I called Henry and...
  3. Macman

Not really what I wanted to hear. :) I know that normally you'd want an adhesive that lasts "forever" but carpet doesn't, so I have to also look to the day that it might have to be replaced. Good information though, and I appreciate the response jimbo!
  4. Macman

Not exactly a remodel question, but the best place for this question that I could find. I'm going to put olefin outdoor carpet on a covered concrete porch (stoop). It sounds like the accepted method is to use an adhesive made specifically for this purpose. If 5 years down the road I want to...
  5. Macman

Question about Polyseamseal or other caulk

Okay, will do. Thanks for the responses everyone.
  6. Macman

That's what I would have thought too, but it says that it contains sililcone. :confused:
  7. Macman

Thanks for the reply Terry. Isn't Polyseamseal just the brand name? I'm looking for the specific product that I should use. I don't see any Polyseamseal products called Kwik Seal. Sorry if I'm making more out of this than need be. http://www.polyseamseal.com/products.shtml
  8. Macman

A couple of years ago after some time spent on this forum we bought a Toto Drake 1.6 to replace an old upstairs toilet and never looked back. Per the pros here I sealed around the bottom with Polyseamseal caulk (except for the rear). Now we've just replaced the downstairs toilet with another...
  9. Macman

Is "dry" mold a problem?

Our basement had water problems for many years. I suspect that with it going on so long, mold has to be an issue. The water problem has been solved, and the basement has been dry for about 6 months. Now I wonder if I have to worry about the mold. Will it continue to thrive in a dry basement...
  10. Macman

What sealant for window well?

Thanks for the reply Cass. Apparently the masonry caulks are made of polyurethane, which is a pretty aggressive sealant. If anything can stick to both the brick and the plastic, that would be it.
  11. Macman

What sealant for window well?

My brother installed a hinged window well cover earlier this year. Where the cover meets the brick of the house he used clear silicone seal. A couple of weeks ago we discovered that the silicone seal did not adhere well to the brick and has pulled away. Before I attempt to seal this again, I'm...
  12. Macman

What do you expect from a drain company?

It's not clean work. I don't expect that clothes and equipment are going to look brand new. But I do expect the tech to use reasonable care in not doing dirt damage to carpet, etc. If he ended up an absolute mess at his last job he should probably have a spare uniform or work clothes handy to...
  13. Macman

attack?

Cookie is exactly right. The malware wasn't in the popup, but if you had given it permission to install, then the problems would have started. You and your wife done good.
  14. Macman

2 days 42 views 0 replies - Thanks alot

Just an observation here. I participate or lurk on a number of different forums. This one I mostly lurk, with an occasional post. I'm not a professional in any of the applicable trades, but I do find many of the posts interesting, and I learn a great deal. It's my experience that if someone...
  15. Macman

Sewer smell from my washing machine?

We heard about this problem when we were shopping for our first front loader last summer. When we started using it we made a point of always wiping the gasket dry after the day's laundry, and then leaving the door open. We also have been using a product similar to the Afresh that krow mentioned...
  16. Macman

gift that keeps giving =o)

Dress? Dress? What dress? Oh, yeah. I guess she IS wearing a dress.
  17. Macman

Second floor, no ground

Thanks for the explanation. I understand the process you describe. You make it sound easy, which it may be for a pro, but I think I'd let someone who has experience do it. It's like a conversation I had with a client of mine, a veterinarian for whom I do computer work. He asked if some work that...
  18. Macman

Second floor, no ground

Also thought about pulling fuses until that circuit goes dead, then checking the wire at the fusebox.
  19. Macman

Second floor, no ground

As an afterthought... Is there anyone who could explain to me how a electrician could get a new wire through the wall plate, even in an interior wall, without having to do serious damage to the wall? Several people mentioned fishing wire, implying that it wouldn't be too difficult, but how do...
  20. Macman

Gas explosion !!!!

Breaking news: Woman electrocuted in all-electric home. Film at 11:00. :)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks