Search results

1. pudge565

Encountering cut panel ground wires

Ah yes I forgot about amendments. I also forgot to look up the code today will do it tomorrow.
  2. pudge565

Encountering cut panel ground wires

NEC requires that the water pipe be used as a grounding electrode if it is matal and extends into the ground at least 10'. I will look up the section on Tuesday when I go back to tech.
  3. pudge565

Switch Wiring Nightmare Pictures

that 3rd swith is not a 3-way if it says on and off which I can see from the picture it says off it is a single pole switch.
  4. pudge565

Main Service Panels separate neutrals but multiple grounds in bus bar

Normally if it is rated for 2 grounds per hole it will be egg shaped and not round. You are only allowed 2 per hole if properly rated. No more than that.
  5. pudge565

Lost water pressure

Why is this in the electrical forum? This is a plumbing question.
  6. pudge565

Tree Touching Wires

As a nolunteer Fire Fighter i can tell you that most often tree/transformer fires are started by lightning. NOT the wires rubbing the tree. But over a period of time this is possible.
  7. pudge565

What is the name of the tool??

I will have to look on another forum for the thread I am looking for it pictured a wire twister with like 8 holes that goes on a drill you put the wires in certain holes and it will twis em right for you. but by the time you get em in the hole and all that you could have been done with your...
  8. pudge565

breaker size for 12 gauge wire

Yes my bad I don't know what I was thinking maybe flexible cords?
  9. pudge565

breaker size for 12 gauge wire

If using ROMEX® those answers are correct but if its not ROMEX® it depends on the wire insulation type and if it needs to be derated.
  10. pudge565

Finding Hot disconnect

Why not just put in the combo 15 and 20 amp recepticals. They look the same as a 15 anp receptical but they also have the horizontal slot in them.
  11. pudge565

Florecent light question

I always replace all the lamps in the fixture at the same time. that way I know all of the lamps are good. A floruesent lamp can light on only one filament but the ballast will be huffing and puffing to light it. Cuts down on ballast life dramatically.
  12. pudge565

Adding new ground rod

Can't beleive nobody else saw this the neutral is the grounded conductor the hot is the ungrounded.
  13. pudge565

Recessed Lighting And Fire Rated Ceiling

Does that box have to be NFPA certified or UL listed if so I don't think that you can make your own.
  14. pudge565

How deep can a pump "suck" water from?

For every foot that you pull the water you will lose .5 psi. so at normal atmospheric pressure you should be able to raise the water about 28-29 feet. just learned this through a pump class for firefighting.
  15. pudge565

bit of confusion now...

i believe that i read the 4-6 mili amp thing in mullins text residential wiring 15th edition not quite sure if it was or not i will check on tuesday wen i go back to tech.
  16. pudge565

Orange bacteria

thank you for the quick reply i will let them know
  17. pudge565

bit of confusion now...

no they dont work with the ground this is a typical misconception. it detects ground faults by measureing the crurrent between the hot and neutral wire a difference of 4-6 miliamps will trip the gfci.
  18. pudge565

Orange bacteria

ok my neighbors have a well not sure how deep it is but they have orange "Bacteria" in the water can't see it in the water but it gets built up in the matal strainer in the faucet. then have a i think nylong or some sort of synthetic filter int eh system. i was wondering what they could do to...
  19. pudge565

Compact flourescent bulbs

you thing 13 circuits is bad my aunts house only has 2
  20. pudge565

Power Sags

possibly need a higher amperage panel not sure but possibly just throwing that out there.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks